27. - WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES

( outfit for
chapter above )

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
vingt-sept. — back to reality!

Letha's sun kissed skin erupted in goosebumps as herself and Klaus arrived back in Mystic Falls

Letha's sun kissed skin erupted in goosebumps as herself and Klaus arrived back in Mystic Falls. She sat in the passenger seat anxiously tapping her leg as a frown marred her features, "Back to reality," her grumble was met with a strained chuckle from the hybrid who placed a gentle hand on her thigh. The two had been forced to cut their trip to Italy short after the vampire hunter Connor had attacked The Grill — Jeremy having been shot and promptly healed by their sister who then murdered the hunter — which wouldn't be a problem if Klaus hadn't informed her of a pesky side effect. The hunters curse. "I swear we leave for a few days and the whole town goes insane."

"Don't, it's taking all my restraint to not just tear Stefan Salvatore's head from his body." His hand gripped her bare thigh a little tighter as anger pinched his features.

Letha scoffed — head thrown back in laugher, "As if you'd ever kill your little boyfriend."

Klaus simply rolled his eyes, used to her remarks about his 'obsession' with Stefan Salvatore. He shook his head as he felt her cold skin beneath his touch — it didn't matter to her that it was autumn with winter fast approaching, she refused to fully put her summer wardrobe away. Even if it meant stealing all of Klaus' jackets when she realised her mistake after a few hours of being out, not that he minded.

The car slowed to a stop down the road from the Gilbert residence, "Stay here, love," Letha went to protest only or Klaus to glare at her in a serious manner, "your sister is highly unstable and volatile right now — I don't want her accidentally hurting you."

"Fine," she pouted a little, before her face turned slightly more stern, "she will be okay, won't she?"

The hybrid leaned in and planted a comforting kiss on her forehead — a whispered yes passing through his lips — before speeding away. Running a hand through her long locks Letha let out a long groan, before sliding over to the driver's seat. Though there trip had been cut short, at least they'd found the sword and even joined the mile high club in Nik's private plane.

"Why is it always the Gilbert's?"

—————

"—For fifty-two years, four months, and nine days. I was tormented, in my dreams, my every waking moment, relentless, never-ending torture. It was the only period of my life when I actually felt time." Letha frowned as she walked towards the room housing her sister and Klaus, already having heard this painful story before.