18. - GIRLS NIGHT

( outfit for
chapter above )

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
dix-huit. — girls just wanna have fun!

The rain drizzled miserably as though it could sense the somber mood that filled the graveyard

The rain drizzled miserably as though it could sense the somber mood that filled the graveyard. Letha stood with an umbrella perched delicately, a long black coat keeping her warm, while both Rebekah and Alyssa stood under another umbrella together.

"He was a crap brother," Rebekah sniffled out with a weak laugh, "but he was my brother."

Before them was a headstone, both Finn and Sage's names engraved on it. Rebekah held his ashes close to her, Alyssa holding the urn that contained Sage's. It had been Letha's idea for them to have a grave to visit, in his birthplace of Mystic Falls and for them to scatter the lovers ashes together on the grave that was simply filled with things Finn and Sage had collected in their life. It wasn't much, but it was deeply appreciated by the dead lovers watching from the other side.

The rain settled down completely, as the girls put down their umbrella's, "Why did you do this? You hated Finn." Rebekah questioned as she stood closer to Letha.

"I didn't hate him, he was a bit of a dick, but I didn't hate him," she smiled wrapping an arm around Rebekah's waist, "I did it because he was your brother, besides when you've had as many deaths in the family as me, they start giving you discounts on headstones."

Rebekah laughed — a real laugh — as Alyssa came to her other side a wrapped an arm around her. She closed her eyes the warmth of the two human's warming her cold, undead heart. This was what family felt like.

With that the sun finally came out from behind the clouds — a rainbow glowing off in the distance — as the ashes of Finn and Sage were scattered together. A breeze picked up, and Letha could have sworn she felt a gentle touch on her shoulder. Nobody saw Finn and Sage walk off together hand-in-hand, together finally, in death.

And nobody saw the figure watching from a distance.

"Come on, let's go get drunk."

—————

The three girls plus Jenna who had joined them, sat in a bar just outside of Mystic Falls, one that Alyssa and Letha used to come to frequently due to the fact the owners didn't care about underage drinking.

Rebekah seemed to be in higher spirits, though her conversation with Klaus was obviously weighing heavily on her mind, as was Letha's on her own mind.

"I'm out drinking with my niece," Jenna groaned putting her head on the bar top, "I am officially the worst guardian ever."

"No! You're the coolest guardian ever!" Letha beamed with a smile, Alyssa modding in agreement as the shots were bought to them.

Each girl picked up a drink, "To Finn and Sage!"