13. - OUR TOWN

( outfit for
chapter above )

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
treize. — kiss with a fist!

Life in Mystic Falls was like a high-wire balancing act

Life in Mystic Falls was like a high-wire balancing act. One wrong move could send you toppling to your death if you weren't carful. Letha understood this perhaps the most, several brushes with the cold hand of death haunting her now. Mystic Falls was a dangerous place to live for the people who chose too, but it was their choice. Only sometimes it wasn't.

"Elena!" Letha pounded on the door of the home she had grown up in with a surprising amount of force. She'd checked on Jeremy after her rage attack on Klaus' car, everything seemingly fine, only to get a text from her brother the next day — claiming that he was moving to Denver. "Open the door!"

Elena swung open the door, only to grunt in surprise as Letha elbowed her way past her into the house, "What's your problem?" Elena had been getting all her supplies for Caroline's birthday ready when her sister had stormed through the door.

"Let me think, maybe the fact that Jeremy is leaving for Denver? I know for a fact he would never leave us here of his own free will." She took a step closer to Elena, "Unless it isn't of his own free will."

"Jeremy is just gonna be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over. Having Damon compel him was the only way to keep him safe."

"You're not god, Elena!"

"Look I know you don't agree with it," Letha nodded along as she took her earrings out and placed them on the side, "but Jeremy needs to be somewhere safe and normal, I had no choice."

"Elena Gilbert and her impossible choices." She laughed bitterly, cracked her knuckles before swinging her fist back and hitting the doppelgänger so hard she fell to the floor. Letha shook her hand out groaning in pain for a second. "If you keep compelling what's left of our family members, you're going to end up all alone."

"I'm sorry."

"Every time you do something horrible you say you're sorry and then you do it again." Letha shook her head before storming back out, the damage had already been done, she knew Elena would find a way to drive their brother out of town one way or another.

—————

School had at least been merciful.

Elena and co had been absent from school, so at least she didn't have to see them all day. Though her phone had been blowing up with texts from Klaus, she'd been ignoring him completely and the hybrid did not like it one bit. Alyssa  could tell she was feeling down so she bought the girl some strawberry laces to cheer her up.