17. - THE MURDER OF ONE

( outfit for
chapter above )

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
dix-sept. — torture!

Letha's head ached like it had been hit twenty-times with a bat — her bleary eyes struggling desperately to stay open

Letha's head ached like it had been hit twenty-times with a bat — her bleary eyes struggling desperately to stay open. She felt like she was under constant torture and wished to be anywhere else, the foul stench of body oder filling the room so much so that her eyes watered.

"I don't know!" She groaned tugging at her hair, as her insistent captor questioned her again.

"I know you know, Miss Gilbert!"

Her head hit the desk with a thump as she moaned, "I don't understand maths and I never will!" It had been a few days since the Mikaelson matriarch had tried to kill her children, and Letha was struggling to balance her weird supernatural social life with studies and work.

Maybe she was being a tad dramatic, but maths would always be the one thing she hated about school. It made her brain hurt — her father had once referred to her as 'street smart' his way of saying that she wasn't book smart — like Elena. And the fact that in most of her classes the boys either smelled like they hadn't washed in a few years or like they'd sprayed the entire can of Lynx Africa on themselves that morning.

Her usual cheery disposition would always be destroyed when she had maths.

Luckily she was saved by the bell as the teacher went to nag at her some more, much to the amusement of her classmates. Rushing through the door she immediately collided with Alyssa, "Hurry up," Alyssa grabbed her hand dragging her to the canteen, "I heard they have chicken nuggets for lunch today!"

The two got their lunches before sitting at their usual table. Letha took a sip of the disgusting green shake she'd gotten, her lips pulling into a grimace as she pushed it away from her, "What happened with you and Rebekah at the ball? Spill. Now."

"Not much, we danced, we talked — she was nice and then I had to rush home to look after my brothers, the babysitter had an emergency." Alyssa sighed dejectedly, chewing on her nuggets a little.

"Wait you didn't sleep with her?" Letha frowned, "Who did she sleep with then?"

Alyssa looked hurt for a moment, shaking it off with a smile, "It wouldn't have worked out anyway, I've got to look after the boys — and she's an original vampire, she could have anyone she wanted, why would she want me?"

"Hey, don't say that!" Letha grabbed her best friends hand from across the table, "You're brilliant and caring, and any woman would be lucky to have you! Also no v-word in public, anyone could be listening." Letha had caved very quickly on the secret — she'd grown up with Alyssa practically from birth and it was impossible to hide these things from her.