23. - CONFESSIONS

( outfit and song
for chapter above )

— i'm very disappointed in myself cause i keep forgetting to add dramatic music, for chapters like the last, imma remember from now on

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
vingt-trois. — hospitals!

"And another thing," Letha slurred down the phone, "a mosquito tried to bite me yesterday so I slapped it and killed it

"And another thing," Letha slurred down the phone, "a mosquito tried to bite me yesterday so I slapped it and killed it. But it got me thinking.... it was just trying to get food. Like how would I feel if I was looking in the fridge and the door slammed shut and snapped my neck?"

"Love, it's five in the morning." Klaus sighed, "Is this really why you called me?"

"No — I remember now." She huffed, pouring herself another drink as she paced the lounge, the other girls having long fallen asleep after drinking themselves into coma's watching Harry Potter, "I'm mad at you!"

"Letha, about what I said—,"

"—no I'm speaking now!" She growled through the phone, "You hurt my feelings, and I know you were all broody and sad but that doesn't mean you're allowed to take it out on me. If you'd have just asked me to come with you like a normal person of course I would have said yes, I love you dumbass. Also was that you—,"

"What was that?" Klaus felt like his heart had stopped in his chest.

"What was what?" She said as she swished the bottle back and forth — watching the liquid move with an absentminded smile.

"You love me?"

"Pffft no— I mean I just miss you when you're not around. I think about you all the time and I imagine us one day running towards each other in slow motion and you're wearing a brown suede vest."

He cleared his throat on the other end of the phone, and odd feeling rising in his chest — he almost felt flustered. Shaking his head he tried to stop smiling, "I think you need to go to bed, I'll be round in the morning and we can talk some more," when he got no reply he frowned, "okay?"

All he received back were snores.

—————

"Ugh I know that smell," Letha groaned before peeling her eyes open, a familiar irritating beeping sounding through her ears, "hospitals."

The lights were unbearable at first and she vaguely wondered why they were like that — she was sure they bothered everyone. While the nauseating smell of disinfectant wafted through the air, nearly making her sneeze.