Chapter 20

THE CURSE OF CORNELIUS SIGAN

Eowyn groaned as she woke up. She still felt a slight pain at the back of her head. Suddenly, the memories scrolled in her mind. She then bolted up on her bed and stood up, rushing to the main room. But she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Gaius doing some experiment. Eowyn couldn't believe it. He was there. He was safe. He was alive. A smile appeared on her lips as she made her way toward her guardian, who looked up at her when he felt a presence, and tightly hugged him. Gaius chuckled but hugged Eowyn nevertheless.

"I'm so glad to see you Gaius!" Eowyn smiled as she broke away. "But don't ever do such foolish things, please,"

"I could say the same to you my child," Gaius said, smiling at his ward. Then, the front door opened, revealing a fully healed Hunith. Eowyn looked at her mother a few second, shocked but relieved. She was healed. No signs of illness at all. Eowyn teared up and went to hug her mother.

"I was so scared..." Eowyn mumbled as Hunith embraced tenderly her daughter.

"I'm sorry, darling," she patted her daughter's back. "I'm fine now," she reassured. Eowyn broke away and dried the few tears that fell. She couldn't be more happy to see Gaius and Hunith safe and alive. But then it hit her. There was one person missing. Anxiety quickly took over her. She was fears for the worst.

"Where's Merlin?" Eowyn asked Gaius, worried.

~~

"MERLIN!" Eowyn shouted angrily as she made her way toward the swords storage where her brother and the Prince were standing. Merlin was clearly panicking and thinking to a way to escape. But it was useless. He knew it was the end for him. When his sister was angry, it wasn't a good idea to be near her. On the other side, Arthur was frowing, wondering why Eowyn seemed so angry but also quite surprised to see her in such a state. She was the type to be always calm. So if she was angry, Merlin had certainly did sometimes serious. "You stupid idiot!" She insulted as she hit the back of his head.

"Ow!" Merlin exclaimed, holding his head in pain. Next to them, Arthur was smiling, amused to the two siblings.

"Don't ever dare doing this again, am I clear?" She threateningly said. Gaius had told her what happened. Merlin used his magic to knock her out so she wouldn't come with him to tbe Isle of the Blessed. There Gaius had bargained his life to save Hunith. But Merlin arrived and fought Nimueh. He managed to kill her. And since she was dead, Gaius was saved. One life for another. The had came back an hour ago.

"I'm sorry, it was the only way," Merlin said, making Eowyn sighed. He was still alive and nothing happened to him. Yes he could have died but he was alright. Eowyn had no reason mad af him. He wanted to protect her. Merlin was back and that was what mattered.

"I'm just glad you're okay," she truthfully said, softly smiling at her brother who smiled back.

"I'm curious to know what you did to upset Eowyn so much, Merlin," Arthur said, a playful smirked plastered on his face. He wouldn't lose an occasion to embarrass his servant. Eowyn and Merlin looked at the Prince and then shared a look. They had to think of an excuse quickly. They couldn't tell him that Merlin knocked her out so he could go fight a sorcereress.

"I... burned one of her books," Merlin lied and Eowyn frowned at him. That was what he had the best? "You know how much she loves her books,"

"How did you even manage to burn one of her books?" Arthur asked, dumbfounded by the stupidity of his manservant.

"That was an accident!" Merlin defended, making Arthur rolling his eyes.

"You owe me a book though," Eowyn added, playing along.