Chapter 37

DECISION

Eowyn was lied in a large canopy bed. She had never slept on such a bed before. It was so comfortable. The mattress and the pillows were like clouds and the sheets like silks. The room itself was large. Larger than her room back in Camelot, and surely the same size than Arthur's chambers. Just like the rest of the castle, the main color was white with shades of grey and touches of clue. There was a large cupboard in front of the bed and a large table near the doors. A desk was placed near the long window as a enourmous tapestry hang on a wall, covering it. When Ulric brought her here the day before, he said it was her chamber. The sovreigns prepared it the moment they knew Queen Elvira was expecting a child. But after the Great Purge, after the death of the rulers, the second floor of the east wing of the castle was forbidden to sejourn. Only the servants could go there to take care of the place. It was the chambers of the Queen and King, and of the Princess. But now that Eowyn returned, the east wing was again opened.

Eowyn would be lying if she would say she didn't sleep comfortably. It was way different than her small chamber. But one thing was missing. One major thing that changed everything. Merlin. Eowyn had always shared her chamber with her brother. During this week of travelling, she was so into her goals that she didn't think about anything else. But now that she was all alone to think. She was missing her brother more than anything else. Especially in this hard time of thinking. That was why she didn't sleep well. Thinking. Eowyn spent all the night thinking about what to do. Should she be the Princess of Usad? Was she capable of such a responsibility? In this time of doubts, Eowyn would always ask her brother for help, for his opinion and advices. But he wasn't there. And Eowyn had to decide by herself. But what if she made the wrong decision?

The last sylphide sighed. Even after an entire night, she still hadn't decided. But her sulking was interrupted when knocks against the door were heard. The second later, two woman in dresses and apron entered the room. One of them were carrying a basktet of clothes.

Eowyn sat up and frowned. She already knew what was going on. She was a Princess after all and she saw her brother leaving early in the morning to do the exact same thing.

"Good morning, Princess!" One of the woman cheerfully said. Both of them were older than Eowyn. "We are your servants. My name is Eirunn. And this is Hilda,"

"Good morning," Eowyn smiled at them as she stood up. She took her sheet and started to do her bed. But Eirunn quickly interrupted her as Hilda put down the basktet.

"Don't, Princess. I'll do it," Eirunn said as she gently took the sheets off Eowyn's hand.

Then, Hilda took hold of Eowyn's shoulders and led her toward the wardrobe.

"You must get ready, Princess," Hilda said as she took out a hiding screen and set it in pace.

"This is not necessiry, really," Eowyn said, embarrassed. "I can do all of these things,"

"We know," Eirunn softly smiled. "But please, let us do it for you now. Not only because this is our jobs, but because we are glad to do it,"

"Our Princess has finally returned," Hilda cheered. "You must have done everything by yourself. Now you can rely on us. Let us take care of you, your Highness,"

Eowyn was more than surprised. They were accepting her so easily and quickly. It was strange, it was embarrassing her, bothering her. She remembered when that physician came to Camelot and took Gaius's title. Even though she didn't like him, he proves himself right for the title (even though he was a charlatan but they didn't know it yet). Here, they were accepting her without questioning, without demanding her to prove herself. Eowyn felt as if everything was handed to her. Was it what was being a Princess?