EPILOGUE

//Edited//

6 YEARS LATER

"This is the last box" Emory huffs and sits the box on the floor by the sofa. "I hate moving" she mumbles plopping herself down on the couch.

I chuckle as I start putting away some of the silverware and dishes that are wrapped up in a box. "Come over here and help me" I point to the box next to me that has the pots and pans in them.

She gets up and takes the tape off the box and helps me with placing things around our new kitchen.

Remember how I said things never go as planned?

I thought that I was gonna go to college and make a career out of cheerleading with a major in business but boy was I wrong. I found out that I have quite the passion for nutrition and physical therapy. I majored in sports medicine with a minor in nutrition. I just earned my masters in physical therapy a few months before moving here.

I got listened as a physical therapist as soon as I got my graduate degree which only took two years because I did summer courses. Just last month I passed my exam for sports physical therapy and obtained certification for emergency medical care and CPR.

I've been busy.

But it's one of the best decisions I ever made, I love it so much.

As soon as Emory and I graduated college we got a small apartment in San Francisco and while I took classes for my graduate degree, I got my first job as a sports nutritionist for Stanfords football and basketball team. I was lucky to have done a lot of work with both teams while being in school, and forming great connections with the coaches and players, so they were happy to give me the job. The following year, I got offered a job opportunity to be a sports nutritionist for the 49ers which is a job I absolutely did not expect to get but am eternally grateful for it.

Because it led me here.

About a month ago I got an email from the Dallas Cowboys to interview for the position of their team nutrition expert. During my interview I mentioned being certified as a physical therapist and physician as emergency medical care, and they ended up hiring me for all three positions.

Around the same time as me getting hired for those jobs, Emory found a position in Dallas as an accountant for one of our grandfathers many fortune five hundred companies.

So, naturally we moved to Texas.

And so far I love it here. We've only been here a few days but the atmosphere is amazing and I definitely see myself here for a while, maybe forever but with my luck I wouldn't count on it.

"Your phone is ringing Hazel" Emory says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh thanks" I reach over the counter and swipe the screen to answer and prop my phone up against a cup.

"Hey Harry" I smile into the camera.

"Hey, how are you girls settling in?" he asks.

"Pretty good we're just unpacking the kitchen and then all we have to do is unpack our rooms" I reply.

"Hello Harry!" Emory yells over my shoulder.