{"I don't want anything to do with him"}

//Edited//

"I'm leaving out Harry!" I yell to my older brother from in the kitchen as I grab a big red apple from off the counter top. Usually he's gone before I even leave the house but I think he told me he was off today. 

"See you later!" he yells back from the living room. I smile and take a bite from the apple as I pick up my bag from off the floor.

As I'm walking out the front door I see my brothers girlfriend Elaine pulling up in our driveway. I slightly roll my eyes and walk past her without saying a word. She isn't exactly my favorite person, and I don't think I'm hers either. Never really cared enough to ask.

"Good morning Hazel" she says as I open my car door.

"My brother isn't out here Elaine, we don't have to pretend to like each other" I state with a flat tone, glaring at her before getting into my car. 

I drive a grey Honda Accord. It was my moms car and she had it ever since I can remember. My parents died when I was only ten in a really bad fire at their office. They were both in critical condition and by the time me and my brother got to the hospital, they had already passed. My brother was eighteen when they died so he could legally take custody of me and he did a great job of raising me. We moved down here to Colorado for a new start.

Our house is what my brother can afford and I help out where I can or more so whenever he lets me. It isn't perfect but it works for us. We both have our own rooms which is good enough for me. We have a decent sized kitchen, nothing too fancy because neither of us really cook and we have a living room and two bathrooms and a one car garage, therefore, my car is always in the driveway. Our house is on the outer part of the city, only ten minutes from where I go to school. I attend South Ridge High, it's the best public school in the state.

I started to really value my education when my parents died because I really wanted to make them proud, but I've always loved learning. I was top of my class when I first started at South Ridge and I plan to graduate this year with the same title. It has always been my mission to make my parents proud. I want to be really successful and do many things with my adult career including cheering for the Dallas Cowboys. Cheerleading has been my passion ever since I was little. I'm the captian of the cheer team at South Ridge and in fact that is where I am headed right now. We have cheer camp every summer. It starts early August and goes all the way until school starts. We practice five days a week for two hours and we have to share the field with the football players, which is my least favorite part of the entire day.

I'm on my way to pick up my best friend Sophia. She's the co-captain of the team and we both want to cheer for the Dallas Cowboys together. She's been my best friend ever since I moved here and we've been inseparable since then.

I pull into her driveway and jog up to the door. I knock lightly and wait for someone to open it.

"It's open!"

I walk inside to see Claire cooking breakfast on the stove and David watching a game on the TV.

There are games on this early in the morning?

"Hey Hazel," Claire says not even looking up from the stove. "Sophia's is in her room and breakfast should be ready in five minuets" she finally looks up and smiles at me.

"Thanks Claire" I smile and run up the stairs to Sophia's bedroom. Her family is pretty well off because her dad is a really successful business owner. He owns majority of the clubs in our town and some over in the next cities. He's currently working on expanding some chains to other states which is pretty cool.

I barge into Sophia's room and leap onto her bed with a loud thud. Her bed is really bouncy, I do this almost every time I come in here. She screams and jumps around to face me.