Chapter Nineteen

For the sake of my sequel, yes I'm making a sequel, you can do your fangirl shrieks now, Nick is going to be a grade ahead and just turned 17. Thanks! Enjoy!

   As fate would put it, most of my classes are with Nick. We have math, dance, and history. Merrick and I have history, home economics, and English. Jen and I just have home economics and math.

"Just so I know for sure," I begin, "are you brother and sister?"

They both laugh as if this was a common question that used to be asked all the time not too long ago. "Yeah," Jen answers. "If he wasn't my brother, I don't know if we'd be friends," she jokes nudging him lightly with her elbow causing him to emit a light chuckle.

As we arrive to our first classes, mine being history, we go out separate ways. Me and Merrick and Nick to history and Jen to chemistry.

When we take our seats, mine next to Mer, I slight nervous feeling falls over me. My leg begins to bounce up and down and I feel a hand take mine. I look to see Merrick giving me a knowing smile and rubbing circles on the back of my hand. I have no idea whether this teacher will make me stand up, tell about myself, or just introduce me himself.

Class starts and he begins calling names for attendance. When he gets to mine, he gives me a kind smile. "Melody."

"Here sir," I say softly.

"You're new here right?"

I nod.

"Can you tell us a bit about yourself?"

All eyes are on me. I stand up beside my desk and I have to let go of Merrick's hand. I take a deep breath. "My name is Melody Harris, I'm fourteen, and my father is in South Africa." I sit back down but not in a hurried or rushing kind of way.

   "Exciting, exciting. Well, I know how it feels to be the new kid so we won't make you uncomfortable." He stands up. "So," he claps his hands together, "Who's ready time start?"

*Time skip* haven't done one the these in a while

   Overall, the day went better than I thought. I gave just a small introduction at the beginning of each class and eventually got comfortable enough to volunteer a couple of times. The only class I didn't have anyone I knew with me was chemistry.

*Flashback*

   "Hey, I'm Aaron." He held his hand out for me to shake.

   I got slightly nervous and reminded myself that this wasn't my bully Aaron. This Aaron seemed nice. He had two friends, Eric and David.

   "Hello," I said shyly shaking his hand.

   "These are my friends Eric and David." He gestured to Eric who was the tallest with blonde hair and green eyes. Then David. Short brunette with blue eyes. They both waved.

   Aaron's brown eyes seemed to twinkle like starlight at making a new friend. He ran a hand through his fluffy black mop of hair, scruffing it up a bit reminding me of a certain James Potter from my favorite book series.

   "Well we'll see you around new girl, Melody." He walked out the door followed by David and Eric off to home economics with I also had next with Jen and Merrick. Turns out we have those and dance together.

*Flashback over*

   All in all, a pretty good day.

   I hear footsteps behind me as I walk out the gate to begin to walk home. Merrick's arms come from behind wrapping me in a backwards hug picking me up and spinning me around.

   I giggle. "Hello to you too Merrick," I say.

   He sets me down, spins me so I face him, and gives me a passionate kiss. "It was hard trying to get used to the feeling of not seeing you all day and cuddling."

   I smile. "I missed you too."

   We kiss again and I hear gagging from off to the side.

   "Okay we get it!" Jennifer - er Jen. "You haven't seen each other all day and you love each other."

    I pull away and giggle as Merrick whines slightly. In my peripheral vision, I see Nick slightly elbow Jen and her shoot him a look back. I take Merrick's hand in mine and he intertwines our fingers. I smile brightly.

   "How was your day guys?"

   "You know what? Let's go back to my house," Jen suggests. "Then we can all talk and you can tell us a bit more about yourself."

   I nod and turn to Mer. "Let's go," he says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey y'all! 767 words!! Not a whole ton but I'm updating on Wednesday as well and there was kind of a lot in this chapter. Remember to vote and comment and spread the word!! You are loved!! I love you and care for you and hope you are having a wonderful day.