Chapter Twelve

I woke up feeling happier than ever, then remembered what had happened last night. I snuggled in closer to Merrick, sure it was way too early to be up even though it was like noon. We hadn't fallen asleep until somewhere around midnight because we watched The Hunger Games after coming home from the fair. 

   However, I had barely finished reveling in the thoughts of last night when Sag came in. He shook me and whined, "Wake up already! It's 12:30 in the afternoon and I have no one. Dad's at work, and Mom's out who-knows-where doing who-knows-what. So, WAKE UP!" 

   I groaned. "Saaaaag. We stayed up real late, and I still hurt all over."

   "Wait," he interrupts. "You guys..." he trails off with raised eyebrows and a suggestive face. 

   My brain is a little late but I eventually get it and groan in annoyance. "No Sag. And anyway, I thought you said your mom didn't want you to watch 'The Office.'"

   He shrugs. "What she doesn't know won't kill her."

   I roll back into my cuddle position with Mer, close my eyes, and finish off the conversation with one sentence, trying to get back to sleep. "Besides, you probably would've heard if we did." 

   He makes a disgusted noise and leaves the room, giving up on waking me and Mer up. For now. 

   At about 1:30, I finally find the strength to drag myself out of bed to get dressed, even though I'm so tired I'll probably end up going to bed no later then ten. 

   I finish up putting my hair in a fishtail braid and come out of the bathroom dressed in my new yellow blouse and lightwash shorts, when I hear a groan come from my bed.

                                                                                      Hair

                                                                                    Outfit

                                                                                    Outfit

Like this but with a longer top cuz no crop for me.

   I see Merrick sit up and rub his eyes.