Chapter Eleven

I was stopped by something soft. Something sweet. Then it registers.

   Merrick is kissing me. 

   I don't hesitate to kiss him back, and inside me, fireworks are bursting and heating me up. And forget butterflies. I've got the whole zoo. Fireworks are going off outside as well, perfectly marking the moment. 

   His other hand is on my thigh, and mine is on his cheek. The ride finally begins to move again, and we pull apart but not very far. 

   "I like you too," he says. "I have for a while and I planned to tell you when we got to the top, but then this happened and you beat me to it." He chuckled. "I love you Melody H." He pressed another quick kiss to my lips, which I gently returned. He slung his left arm over my shoulders and I held his left hand in my right and my head on his shoulder. 

   When we finally step out, we see the same lady who was at the Cranium Shaker ride. 

   "You," I blurt before I think better of it. "I mean, what are you doing here?" 

   "Stopped the ride," she replied casually. "Then got it working after your little kissy fest up there." 

   I bury my face in Merrick's shoulder, my face the color of a ripe tomato. I don't doubt Merrick is blushing as well. 

   "Thanks," he says, not really sure of what to say. 

   "Noooo problem," she says, walking off to go tend to another ride. 

   "I guess she got what she wanted," I say to Merrick, looking him in the eye. 

   "I guess she did." He leaned down and kissed me for the third time. 

   "Oh come on. Save that for the bedroom." I turn, and there is Sag. Healthy and happy. 

   "Sag," Aletha scolds. She gently smacks the back of his head. 

   "Ow mom. I'm just saying. Also," he turns back to us, "I told you so. I'm gonna go to the car." He walks off and we begin to follow. 

   Aletha turns to us. "I'm so happy for the two of you. Just be safe and responsible."

   I go pink and Mer groans. "Moooom." 

   "I'm just saying." She turns away and we all arrive and get in the car. 

   When we arrive back home, it's late so we all get ready for bed. As I lay in my bed on my phone, someone knocks on my doorframe, and a voice says, "Knock knock."

   I look up to see Merrick standing in the doorway. I turn off my phone, set it aside, and hold out my arms for him to come and cuddle. He comes over, lays down next to me, and pulls me close. We cuddle for a while, lost in each other, until Sag comes in. 

   He squeezes in between me and Merrick, and wraps his small arms around my waist. I giggle as Mer makes noises of protest, and I wrap my arms around his shoulders and bury my face in his soft golden hair. 

   "Sag," Merrick whines. "She my girlfriend." 

   "Am I now?" I say in a teasing voice. 

   He wraps his arms around the both of us and says, "Only if you wanna be." 

   "I do," I say. 

   "Then it's settled. Sag is my brother, and you are my girlfriend." 

   "Good." 

   "Okay. If you guys are gonna be all mushy, I'm gonna leave." 

   I giggle. "Okay Sag." 

   Eventually, Sag leaves to go to bed, leaving me and Merrick to cuddle. I realize I still have to put on my pajamas and do my nighttime routine, which was just flossing, brushing, and using mouthwash, and washing my face and doing a face mask. 

   I try to get up, but Merrick tightens his grip. 

   "Merrick," I begin. 

   "No. Stay," he says, putting his face back in my shoulder. 

   "I have to get ready for bed, and so do you," I say finally pulling away. I get up and walk to the bathroom, pjs in hand. 

   "Why?" he whines. 

   "I won't be long," I chuckle. I shut the door and get ready. 

   When I come out, Merrick is not in my room. I go to his room, and see he's on his bed. He sees my face mask and furrows his brows. 

   "Come on Mer. Your turn," I say. 

   "For what?" he asks. 

   I lead him back to my bathroom and make him sit on the sink so I can put the face mask on him. He squirms saying it feels slimy. I have to tell him to sit still several times. When I'm done, he stares at himself in the mirror for a while. I take a picture and post it on Instagram, and the caption reads: If you don't do face masks together, you're not a real couple. 

   Merrick looks at his Instagram to see the picture, then looks at me with a face that says, really. 

   I giggle. He sighs and we sit back on my bed, careful not to get any of the stuff anywhere. My head is laid back against Mer's chest and we are watching The Hunger Games. 

   When the time is up, we wash the masks off and climb back into bed, and continue to watch. (If you haven't seen the movie or read the book I suggest you skip the next little part cuz there will be spoilers but if you don't mind go right ahead)

   When the part of Rue's death comes, tears start to fall, and I can't stop them. I feel a drip of a tear on my head, and look to see Merrick crying as well. I bury my fave in his chest and mumble, "She didn't deserve to die." 

   He rubs my back comfortingly and says, "I know." 

   As the movie goes on, I can't help but wish Cato didn't have to die. The extra layer of character they add to him in the movie really plays with your emotions. 

   When the movie is finally over, I see him asleep against my headboard. I shut the laptop, and put it on my bedside table. I pull him down so he's more comfortable and pull the covers over us, and cuddle close to Merrick. He subconsciously tightens his grip on me and I start to smile like a madwoman. I realize something that sets me so at ease I nearly fall asleep right away, but manage to excavate the last thought. 

    I peck his lips and bury my face in his chest and fall asleep with a smile on my face. 

   I finally have him. My robot boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey guys!! This was one long fluffy chapter and I hoped you liked it cuz it took a good five-and-a-half hours to write. And as I'm sure you all noticed, I changed the title and I think now you know why. Remember to vote and comment and spread the word! Also remember that I love each and every one of you!! See you next time!