Chapter Five

After I grabbed my purse and money, I walked out the front door and noticed Mer had already pulled the car around. He honked the horn and said, "Get in loser, we're going shopping." 

   I couldn't help bursting out into heaving fits of laughter. 

   "Mer, you are such a white girl." 

   "Says the girl who's still technically half white." 

   I shook my head and got in the car. I guess we both had our white moments. After all, mean girls was our favorite movie. I noticed Mer had uploaded a video to TikTok. I swear if it was what just happened-

   It was. 

   I sighed and mentally rolled my eyes. Now we were probably going to get ambushed by fans at the mall. I looked at him. He looked back.

   "Okay! Okay. Just, no more puppy eyes. It gives you and unfair advantage."

   "Are you trying to say I'm cute?" he teased.

   "Whatever," I huffed. "Just drive. Wait. You're fifteen." I turn to Mer for an explanation.

   "My mom lets me drive. I have my permit. Plus, the mall is really close."

   I mentally pleaded we wouldn't get in an accident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*At the mall*

   "Where to first?" Merrick asked. 

   "I don't know. Is there a Forever 21 or H&M or Hollister or Starbucks?"

   He let out a breathy laugh. "Of course. Starbucks coming right up."

   He led me to Starbucks and he ordered for the both of us. Merrick came back and handed me my drink. 

   "A strawberry and salted caramel frapp. You said they were your favorite."

   I just stared. "How did you remember?"

   "I just figured it would be the same as what you told me."

AN: I just figured out how to save a pic in order to upload it here so for all wondering what Merrick looks like 

   "That was three years ago Mer," I reminded him

   "I know but we were friends for seven years before that. I bet, I know your shoe size." 

   I scoffed. "I'd be surprised." 

   "Seven-and-a-half." 

   I choked on my frapp. I looked at him completely shocked. "How?" 

   "Lucky guess. But I bet you know mine." He said it so confidently I had to believe him. 

   Italics are thoughts.

   Let's see. Mer was 4 in men's so he'd be a-

   "Six? In men's?" I'd made a pretty educated guess because based on what it was three years ago, Mer and I had always been the same shoe size and height. Although, he was a whole half a head taller than me now.

   "I told you you knew." 

   My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, and I choked again. This time Mer hit my back. I coughed and recovered. 

   "Lucky guess," I finally breathed out. 

   "No, I told you. We know each other like the back of our hands. Now come on. There's more to life than Starbucks." 

   We got up and headed for Hollister. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hey!! I'm sorry for this crappy chapter. It's only about half as long as I wanted it to be. It's really bad. I'm so sorry for the wait, I totally forgot it was Friday. Anyway, if you liked it please comment and vote and spread the word about my story. Remember I love you all!! Thanks and see you next time.