Not Alone -Nathaniel x Reader

I saw this and got inspired to write this cute Oneshot!

This is written from your point of view (POV)! I hope you enjoy it!

Warnings: Kinda fluffy

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

I sighed after Lila kept acting as a sweety pie to the class while Marinette and I were the only ones that know about her schemes.

I was sat next to Nathaniel today from the new seating arrangement and was delighted to know I can sit with someone and not be lonely but till now, he hadn't spoken a word to me. Every time I tried to talk with him, he just rejected me and looked away.

"Hey Nath, can I call you Nath? I'm gonna call you Nath, it's cute!" I rambled. We were now in our class and there were only a few minutes left before the lunch period began and everyone started to chat since the teacher had finished teaching us our lesson.

"Do you wanna be friends?" I asked with a hopeful glint in my eyes but grimaced when he shook his head.

"Oh- um, ok..." I looked away, fidgeting with my fingers laying in my lap, as I tried not to show I was dreadful. I'm pretty sensitive and get stung very easily so you can guess that him preferring not to be my friend hurt me since no one ever wanted to be my friend.

It's like I had this aura around me that provokes everyone to hate me or something. Nathaniel appeared like a nice boy and I may or may not have developed a small crush on him and his cute blushes but I recently heard he liked Marinette and knew he would never like me.

Who would anyway?

I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I gulped them away and placed my head on my folded arms on the table and buried my face in them.

The bell rang after a few minutes and everyone got up and walked out from the classroom and into the cafeteria. 

I dragged myself there and took a tray and placed some food on them. I went to look for a table but didn't find any and was met with full tables but then glanced at a table for four which had Nathaniel sitting at it and went to sit.

"Hi! Can I please sit here?" I ask nicely and look at him. He shrugs his shoulders and continues to slowly eat his food. I smile and sit down across from him and start eating my food.

"Um- can you please tell me why you don't want to be my friend?" I trailed off looking at him a bit saddened and noticed him sigh.

"You're annoying." Came his blunt reply which hit me directly in the heart.

"Oh..." I mumbled and looked down, playing with my sandwich in my hand, not feeling like eating after he uttered those agonizing words.

I for once in my life kept silent and didn't speak a word shocking myself.

~Magical Time Skip~

I was currently sitting on the stairs in front of the school's entrance waiting for my ride back home from my mom.

"Look, there she is, she's so- ugh." I ignored the voices, knowing its Chloe with Sabrina, and hung my head low.

"Hey dumb-trash, how is your day? Trash? Well, mine was fabulous thank you for asking!" I pressed my lips together in a tight line, averting my eyes away from her as best as I can.

"Leave me alone, Chloe," I grumbled, glaring at the ground below me.

"Oh look! The trash had finally spoken! So sad that tomato head had to ruin your stupid mood, everyone likes it when you're quiet for once." She giggled and walked away with Sabrina on her side.

Everyone likes it when you're quiet for once.

These few words were on repeat in my head and I tried my best to not letting it get to me but failed miserably. Tears welled up in my eyes and one was able to escape but I instantly brushed it off my cheek with my arm.

I received a text from my mom and knew exactly what she was gonna say.

Mom: I'm sorry sweetheart but I can't pick you up. I have work to do, you can ask one of your friends to give you a ride! Mwah <3

I sighed, I don't even have friends... I thought and got up from my seat on the staircase and was about to walk down but felt a hand grip my arm gently and turn me around to face Nathaniel. I felt my cheeks going red.

"Oh hey, Nath! I-I mean Nathaniel! Sorry..." I looked down with an embarrassed expression.

He just nodded and peered into my eyes. I stared back at him and was sure my knees had gone weak but how was I still standing? I had no idea.

"I'm s-sorry..." I gaped at him in surprise at his words.

"W-Wha-" I stuttered with gaping eyes.

"I'm sorry!" He cried. I blinked a few times in surprise.

Why is he apologizing?

"Why are you apologizing though? You didn't do anything..." I gazed at him perplexed.

"I'm sorry that I was rude to you in the cafeteria. I was just in a bad mood..." He stared at me with hope lacing his voice and face.

"It's okay, Nathaniel-"

"Call me, Nath. I a-actually like it." He rubbed the back of his neck with a shy blush and smile making my lips twist into a wide grin.

"Okay, Nath. Friends?" I ask, lending him my hand beginning to get a bit nervous.

I gasp when he pulls me into his arms and hugs me. I hug back after a few seconds and smile softly.

"Friends." He mumbled into my ear and I hugged him tighter.

I finally have a friend...

♡~~~~♡~~~~♡