Chapter 1.2

Shadow's POV

I was sleeping peacefully on my king-sized bed as the sun shined on my body telling me it's morning. Then suddenly I felt my one of my ears is being pulled by something. I opened my eyes to see my chao Shade floating above me. He looks similar to me except he has blue eyes , only has three spikes behind his head(while I have six),and a red u that's on his chest. He also has red spike emotional ball on top of head and purple wings that's flapping up and down. I had him as a pet since after my 10th birthday I got from ny dad as a present.

"Morning Shade." I said petting his head.

Shade smiled and closed his eyes followed with a moan and also his emotional ball changed to a heart.

"Chao chao" Shade handed me a piece of paper(Even though Shade doesn't have any fingers he can still hold things).

I took it from him and it says : Meet me in the throne room after eating your breakfast at the dining room. We have something really important to talk about.
From your farther.

I sighed knowing it has something to do what's coming up in a month and said"Thanks Shade with a faint smile.

Shade smiled back and flew out of the room as I slowly got out out of bed with a yawn. I got my shoes and lazily walked out of the room to go to the bathroom so I can take shower. When I got there , I put the shoes on the floor and took off my gloves. When I looked at the bathroom mirror I can see a familiar figure sticking her head through the door looking at my butt having a nose bleed.

I turned around and said" Amy!! How many times do I have to tell you to stop coming here while I'm naked!" I made an annoyed look on his face.

Amy is one of my father's maids that lives in the castle. She's wearing a red maid uniform with a white apron and red boots with white stripes. She's a pink hedgehog with a red handband on her pink short hair and gold bracelets. She's blushing with her blood dangling on her nose like the pervert she always is. Amy has a towel on her hands.

She said" S-sorry your m-majesty. I just came here to give you a towel to use when you're finished taking a shower , yes." She took out a napkin from her right pocket and cleaned her nose."

*sigh* "That's okay. Just get me the towel so you can leave me in peace."

"Okay here." She handed me the towel and walked out of the bathroom.

After I took a nice shower and brushed my quills , I walked to the dining room to see Knuckles putting a plate with eggs , bacon , and pancakes on it and a plate with chao fruits. He's an red Echidna wearing white gloves with pointed knuckles(Which I guess is how he got his name) and red and yellow shoes with green cuffs and gray sextuple bolted plated on top. He has a white u on his chest like Shade has as well. He's one of the chefs in the castle.

When he noticed my prescense he said" Good morning your majesty. Your breakfast is ready."

I just waved at him and sat down to eat my breakfast.

"Shade! Your breakfast is ready!"

Shade flew from upstairs and as soon he got to it , he gobbled all of the fruits like a pig. Shade has a big eater personality. He loves to eat and gets hungry very easily that he has to eat 6 times a day. After he was finished , he flew to me and sat on top of my head smiling which I don't mind at all and just continue eating. After I was finished with mine breakfast , I grabbed Shade from my head and petted on his head which he likes a lot. When I let go , he flew to the play room where he plays with his toys.

I got out of my chair and walked out of the dining room to the throne room as Knuckles took the empty plates. When I got in I saw my father sitting at his throne looking through some mail.

When he saw that it was me who opened the door he said"Good morning my son. I see you got my message. Please have a seat." He pointed to my own throne which is snaller than his.

"Morning father"

I sat down at my throne and asked"What do wanna talk about father?"

"I want you to go to the slave store to buy a slave for your own."

I was shocked that my father wanted me to buy a Mobian slave.

"What?But why? What does this have to do with my coranation stuff?"

"Having a slave will be a great experience for you and you will know how it feels to rule."

"Is having a chao being loyal to me enough?"

"No. A chao is not a Mobian animal. It's a pet. Having Shade as a slave would be hard for you since you both are very close."

"But dad-"

"No buts. It's what best for you and our kingdom. And when you're crowned king of this land  , you'll be sitting where I'm sitting while I'm retired. And also you will get married from princess from other kingdoms."

"I can't just married a stranger and I'm not qualified to rule this kingdom."

"Number 1 : They're not strangers if I know them. And number 2 : you're going to be king and married whether you like it or not. Now don't make any annoyed by your behavior." Mephiles said narrowing his eyes.

You really don't wanna make him very angry. He can get really scary and give Mobians severe punishments including death. So I guess I really don't have a choice like my father said.

"Yes father. I said feeling a little upset but I tried not to show it."

"Good. You may be excused. You can go to the store at any time but it has to be today since your coranation is right around the corner. And bring Shade with you. I wanna make sure that you pick a good slave and Shade tells me the truth.

I nodded and sat up to get out of the throne to look for Shade so I can just get this over with.

------------------------------------------------------
How was the first chapter. It was good right. I don't know if I'm gonna publish the next onr since it's school tomorrow sadly. All characters belong to Sega except for Shade(sort of). Technically Shade does belong to Sega since he's a Shadow chao but his name belongs to me. I have the chao in my chao world. He's only has green streaks on his body so he's not a fully Shadow chao but yeah.
Bye!!!!