~Chapter 33~

Genevieve's POV

I glanced over the window seeing the sun finally rise. Last night after I left him on the beach I walked inside and saw no one and I was glad so they didn't see me crying my eyes out.

I went into my room and I saw Landon was quietly sleeping and I lost it, I cried as I fell onto the bed curling up with my blanket until I found the strength to get up eventually and I changed out my clothes and laid in bed hoping to go to sleep but my thoughts filled my mind and I thought if Michael eventually was coming in to sleep but he never came.

I sat up and went over to Landon picking him up and laid him on bed quietly I hugged him into my chest.

I felt him move and I stopped, my heavy eyes started to close as I stroked his hair.

~

I woke up to someone shaking me
"Gene wake up! We're leaving in an hour!" I heard Royalty yell.

I groaned burying my head into the pillow. She dropped water on me and I instantly sat up.

"Royalty!" I yelled as she smiles. I grab my phone checking it was about to be 12. Damn I only slept for like three hours.

She notices my state and I looked away from her stare to look for Landon but he was gone.

"Where's Lan-" she cut me off
"With Michael and August."

She sat down on my bed and made me look at her," Gene what happened?"

My eye watered and tears formed and she hugs me patting my back.
"What happened?"

I sighed and told her here what happened after dinner.

Royalty sat with me and listened and I felt better telling her.

"Gene, he still loves you he just says it's not the right time,"

"What's not the right time?-Him getting married? There's more to it I know it" She rubs my back,
"That's a question he can only give you."

I wiped my eyes and thought what my mother said, 'when you leave someone sometimes it doesn't mean you don't love them anymore. It could mean you love them enough to let go because you want them to be happy and you realize, there not able to be happy together.

But maybe I shouldn't take advice from my mom. She's always had toxic relationships.

Royalty snapped me out of it. Telling me it was late and we had a busy day.

She made me get dress in an oversized sweater with some leggings and slides.

" I can't believe him!" She scoffs starting the conversation up again.

"I told him I loved him and he just blows me off completely." I say as I brush my hair and put concealer under my eyes so you couldn't notice I've been crying.

"I felt something off, I heard you come in pretty early last night, you woke up late, I haven't seen you act like this since... well Michael cheated on you on....accident." Royalty said helping me pack.

I close my eyes for a moment and I notice the necklace chain and I look at it and see initials in-carved M&G.

I put it in my bag but thenI put it back out and put it on.

I zip up my bag and then I see the shoebox and I pick it up putting it in but then it catches my eye, I pick up the letter and read it, making me feel even sadder.
'I love you Gene for you. You've always understand me and I can't imagine my life without you. Just know this isn't goodbye but a start of something new again. I hope you wait for me until I get back.'