wedding weries#1

He Proposes

Literally the longest preference I’ve ever written, and also my favorite.  I’m currently on an overload of feels from this one.

Niall: You smiled and grabbed Niall’s hand as you led him around your childhood home.  The two of you had been dating for five years, and although Niall had been to your house plenty of times before, he still couldn’t seem to get an understanding of the layout.  You giggled as he stumbled into the living room, looking over at you confused and saying, “I thought this was the kitchen!?”  You laugh as he stumbles over your old toy box, stationed in the corner of the room.  He knocks it over, and you go to pick up the items and put them back where they belong.  "Wow," you murmur, "this brings back a lot of memories." Niall smiles at you as you pick up a box of chalk.  His eyes light up as he catches sight of the item.  "Hey!" he says grabbing it out of your hand, "lets go play with this outside!"  Before you have a chance to answer, he runs outside, or where he thinks is outside (he just manages to lock himself in the closet.)  "(y/n), help!" he yells, and you start laughing so hard your sides hurt.  You finally manage to compose yourself, and get up to help him out.  "That was scary." he says, giving you a hug.  "I think you should lead us outside now." he says, and you grab his hand and chuckle, pulling him over to the proper door.  You spread the worn-down chalk out on the driveway, and get down on your hands and knees to begin coloring, as Niall joins you.  "(y/n)," he says, "Lets play a game!  We each have to draw a picture, and neither one of us can look at it until we’re both done, and then we rate the other one’s picture on a scale of 1-10.”  you giggle at your boyfriend’s cuteness.  "Sounds good to me!" you exclaim, and Niall grins.  You both begin drawing, you’ve settled on a picture of the sunset, and you can hear Niall scratching the chalk along side the concrete beside you.  "No peeking!" he says, and you laugh.  "Don’t worry, I’m not a cheater like you.  I can feel your eyes on my drawing!”  you say jokingly, and after another minute, you complete your drawing.  "Ok!" you say, admiring your work.  "Are you ready?"  "Yes." you hear Niall say, in a more serious manner than what you’re used to from him.  You look over at him and gasp.  He’s down on one knee, holding a beautiful ring out.  On your driveway, he’s written ‘I Love You’ in colorful chalk.  You hear him take in a shaky breath.  "(y/n)," he starts, "I’ve loved you from the moment I saw you for the first time.  These past five years have been the most amazing years of my life, and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, (y/n) (y/m/n) (y/l/n), will you marry me?”  "Yes!" you say excitedly, as a tear streams down your face.  Niall smiles and slips the ring on your finger, and you tackle him in a bear hug.  "By the way," you say, looking into Niall’s eyes, "your drawing gets a ten out of ten."  He grins broadly, and leans in to give you a passionate kiss.

Liam: You glanced up at the clock in the office you worked at and smiled, seeing that the work day only had five minutes left.  Liam had promised you a romantic dinner, and you were pretty excited to have an entire evening to spend with Liam.   The clock ticked to 5:30, and you happily grabbed your coat and walked outside to where Liam was waiting for you.  He grinned as soon as he caught sight of you, and you ran over to him and wrapped him in a tight hug.  "How long have you been waiting here?!" you asked with a laugh.  "About an hour." he said sheepishly.  You laughed.  "I guess you really didn’t want to be late for dinner!" you said, and he grabbed your hand and led you over to his car.  "So where are we going?" you asked, and he smiled.  "I can’t tell you! It’s a surprise!" he said, and you fake-sighed.  "Fine.  But I’m watching you Payne.”  he grinned and after a few more minutes, you pulled into the back of a building.  "This place seems familiar."  you said to yourself, as Liam hopped out of the car and opened your door for you, helping you out.  "Well, aren’t you a first class gentleman!" you said, giving him a kiss on the cheek, as he fumbled nervously with something in his pocket, and led you into the building.  It was completely dark, and you held onto Liam’s arm.  He flipped on a switch and you gasped as the large auditorium lit up.  It was the set of the X-factor, the place where you and Liam met.  "Remember this place?  You were working as an assistant to Simon, and I was auditioning as a solo artist.”  he said, and you nodded, still a little awe-struck.  "It’s so strange seeing it empty."  you said, and Liam chuckled a little.  "How did you get this place?!" you asked, stunned.  "Well, they’re not currently filming here, so I pulled a few strings, and we have the place to ourselves for the night." he said, and you gave him a kiss on the cheek.  Liam took your hand and led you out to the center of the stage.  He slid down onto his knee and pulled a ring out of his pocket.  "(y/n)," he started, "this is the place where a lot of great things happened to me.  I met you, the boys, Simon, and this is the place where we had our first date, if you remember.”  you giggled, as the memory of sharing a box of pizza with Liam at the side of the stage raced through your mind.  "This is the place where I fell in love with you, and the place where I first realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.  A lot of memories have been created here, and I was wondering if we could create another here.” he took in a deep breath, and you smiled down at him, tears clouding your vision.  "(y/n), would you make me the happiest man in the world?  Will you marry me?”  You nod, your tears preventing you from speaking.  "Yes!" you finally choke out.  "Of course I’ll marry you! I love you, Liam!" Liam smiled and slipped the ring on your finger, standing up and leaning in to happily kiss you.