seventy-seven.

NEW YORK

Harry lays tiredly in his bed after his flight back from Iowa. He opens his tired eyes after hearing Levi's voice in his bedroom. He lifts his head up and finds his flatmate sitting on his bed looking so sharp, as always.

"Harry! How was it? Did you get her back?"

If he wasn't so happy and so fucking in love, Harry would've kicked Levi out of his room. "I did!" he says proudly. Tiredly, Harry sits up and stretches his arms. After a pleasurable stretch and yawn, he says, "The last few days went amazing. She made a mistake letting me go in the first place and she apologized for it. The thing is, she's staying in Iowa but I know for a fact we're going to make it work."

Levi lays down against his elbow. He smiles at Harry. "That's great, man... you're making it work like Zavier and Gia? Jade says they're so in love already."

Harry smiles at the mention of Zavier. He tells himself he needs to go see him later and apologize for getting mad at him. "I'm happy for both of them. I've never seen Zavier so happy before," he says. He then bites his bottom lip. "And, yeah... Just like Gia, I'm gonna fly myself out. But... is it crazy that I don't just want to fly out? I want to stay over there. Like, live there with her..."

"In Idaho?"

"Iowa."

"You want to leave the city? Leave... me?"

"Levi! No, of course, I don't want to leave you."

Levi sighs but then he laughs. "Harry, you want to be with the love of your life. It's okay!"

Harry nods. "I do... I want to be with her because I miss her already. She's my everything. Do you know what I mean? If it means leaving the city, the place I dreamed of as a kid, then I'll do it if it means I could be with her."

Levi is smiling right back at him. He lets out another exaggerated sigh. "It's funny because I know exactly what you mean. I'd follow Jade anywhere."

"You see..." Harry chuckles.

"Does this mean no birthday party this weekend?" Levi asks.

Harry presses his lips together and shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Levi... I'm not really up for a party."

"That's okay. Spend it with Luna!"

"I knew you'd understand," Harry says and smiles. "Can we at least celebrate tonight with a home-cooked meal?"

"Yes! Let's do that... I'm going to head into work now. We'll talk more later. I'll see you tonight," Levi says as he sits up. Before getting out of his bed, he leans over to give Harry a quick hug and kiss on his forehead. "Bye, mate!"

Harry chuckles from the random but loving kiss on his forehead. "Bye..." He smiles as he watches his flatmate leave his room in a hurry. Harry has to get ready for his day, too.

»»

Harry leaves his work building later in the day and somehow he convinced Beth to allow him to temporarily work from home or in his case, Iowa. He didn't even have to threaten to quit this time. It seems after his latest work about lupus, À La Mode got the praise Beth had been searching for. Thanks to Harry.

Before going home to his planned dinner date with his flatmate, Harry had something else to do. He had to see Zavier. He's on his way there, riding in a cab. He watches the city as he passes by the many buildings and the people around them. He isn't going to miss the city, he thinks. It was fun. Great, even... but his home is wherever she is.

Harry gets out of the cab and thanks the driver one more time before shutting the door. He stomps over the fluffy ice on the sidewalk with his boot and he makes his way into the building. He makes it to the third floor and he feels anxious to see his best mate.