Chapter 25

"Forgiving isn't something you do for someone else. It's something you do for yourself. It's saying, 'You're not important enough to have a stranglehold on me.' It's saying, 'You don't get to trap me in the past. I am worthy of a future.'" - Jodi Picoult

Chapter 25

"We will return to Auction Island," Nikora announced. "There we can discuss the details of our alliance."

Hiccup nodded. "Sounds good to me."

"HICCUP!" Everyone looked up at the shout from the sky. Dagur and Heather were racing toward the Tempest on their dragons. It was the former who had spoken. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" Dagur jumped off Sleuther when he neared the deck. "You can't attack them!" He waved his arms around wildly.

"No one's attacking anyone, Dagur," Hiccup said quickly. "We've already made amends."

Dagur blinked and dropped his arms. "Oh." He turned to me. "Good work, Brennda."

I smiled. "It wasn't me." My eyes flickered to Harald.

Dagur looked at Harald, eyes wide. "You?" A huge grin spread across his face. "Way to go! I knew you could do it!" He grabbed his arm and pulled him into a bone crushing hug, which Harald handled better this time.

"Thank you," Harald said with a small smile. "I only spoke the truth." Once Dagur let him go, he glanced at me. "The truth is a good strategy."

I grinned. "Yes, it is."

"Dagur, you are welcome to stay with us until we reach Auction Island where we will discuss the situation further," Nikora said.

"You got it!" Dagur said brightly.

Nikora placed her hand on her stomach and walked away. "Viggo," Astrid said when he started to go after the queen, "Stormheart, is she...?"

"Pregnant?" Viggo said. "Yes, she is."

Astrid's eyes grew huge. "...you?"

Viggo smiled. "Unfortunately, no. If you want to know the father, you will have to ask her. I will not divulge her secrets."

"You told Harald," I pointed out.

Viggo smirked. "Brothers don't keep things from each other."

At that, Dagur turned to Hiccup with an extremely apologetic look. "I'm sorry, brother!" he cried. "I was with Brennda and Stormheart the whole time, and I didn't tell you!" He pointed at Harald, Viggo, and me. "They told me not to tell you!"

"He goes from thanking us to blaming us," Harald muttered.

"It's alright, Dagur," Hiccup said.

"We did it for your own benefit," I said. "We didn't want Hiccup to turn on you... no offense, Hiccup."

"And we only did it because we knew Hiccup would come around eventually," Viggo added. He smiled at Hiccup's surprised look. "You may get lost at times, but you always find your way back."

Hiccup smiled. "Thank you, Viggo. And I'm sorry for everything I put you through."

"Think nothing of it. What's done is done."

"It's good to have you back, Hiccup," Heather said.

"I'll say," said Eret coming up to stand beside her. "Your speech was amazing, Harald. I really felt it."

Harald smiled slightly. "Thanks." Something caught his attention further along the deck, and he left us to approach Skulder. The archaeologist did not notice him until he was already hugging him.