Chapter 1

A/N: Welcome to the final installment of Heart of a Berserker! The plot here is almost entirely my own. I did extrapolate from what little we know of the connection between Stormheart and the Luminous Krayfin and certain aspects of the Hidden World. The only content left from the actual game includes the three events, and I may include some of those quests. Enjoy the ride!

***

"I can't stand the distance
I can't dream alone
I can't wait to see you
Yes, I'm on my way home
I'm on my way

Oh, I hear the wind call your name
The sound that leads me home again
It sparks up the fire
A flame that still burns
Oh, it's to you I will always return

- "I Will Always Return" by Bryan Adams

Chapter 1

Everyone cheered as Hiccup and Astrid kissed for the first time as husband and wife. After years of obviously being in love, the two finally held a union ceremony on the island Berk designated for such occasions. Everyone came out to support them. Stormheart even allowed Harald to attend on her behalf.

It was a beautiful day at the end of the first half of the summer. The past few months had been relatively peaceful. Stormheart had backed off for now, and Grimmel was nowhere to be seen. For once, we enjoyed a time of interrupted peace. 

Harald and I were able to meet at either New Berk or the School with no suspicions raised on his end. He and Elska had grown close, and they worked really well together. I loved seeing him learn what it was like to be a dragon rider. Now, if only he would share with me what his life was like...

Food, music, and dancing followed the ceremony. Harald seemed a bit out of place among the cheerful Vikings, so I grabbed his hand and started dancing with him. "What did you think?" I asked.

"It was very lovely," Harald replied. "Perhaps marriage will help Astrid ease up a bit."

I laughed. "If by that you mean she'll hate you less, that will only happen when you actually make an effort to get her to like you."

Harald smirked. "But teasing her is much more fun."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course." We took a break from dancing, and my eyes wandered to Hiccup and Astrid. They looked so happy...

"I'm sorry," Harald said suddenly, causing my to look at him in surprise. He had followed my gaze, and now he looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry I can't give you this. If you want to be married-"

"Harald..." I flung my arms around his neck. "I would rather be with you unmarried than married to someone else. I told you before, didn't I? Marriage only means something if it's with the person I love."

Harald smiled at me. "Ah, the truth game. Remember the question I would not answer?"

I had to think back. Had it already been a year? "I wanted to know your greatest desire." My eyes widened in realization. "Wait-"

Harald grinned. "It's you. It's always been you." He wrapped his arms around me, and I rested my head on his chest. "If you want to marry, I will find a way to make it happen. I promise."

I pulled back and smiled at him. "I love you."

Harald brought his hand to my cheek. "I love you too." He kissed me, sending electricity through me body. I could never get tired of this feeling.

A scream made us abruptly break apart. I whirled on my feet, gasping when I saw armed men advancing on the party. Many of them wore red bandannas and sported the same symbol as-