Chapter 4

"I fought to the limit to stand on the edge
What if today is as good as it gets?
Don't know where the future's heading
But nothing's gonna bring me down

I've jumped every bridge, and I've heard every lie
I've risked being safe, but I always knew why
I always knew why
So, here I am still holdin' on

- "No Boundaries" by Kris Allen

Chapter 4

A few days after Eret and Heather got together, I received a surprise visit from Harald. I found him in the middle of the village with Elska. He must have called her to fetch him from the docks. He had a cocky grin on his face, so I knew he must be up to something.

"Hey, Harald," I said with a smile. "I wasn't expecting you today." I glanced at the darkening sky. "Evening, rather. Isn't it a bit late to train?"

Harald smirked. "I'm not here to train. I'm here to take you somewhere exciting."

I blinked in surprise. "But I thought that was too dangerous. What if we get caught?"

"The location is safe, and we will be fine if we fly high enough. Now, come with me." He moved to Elska and motioned to her.

"We're riding your dragon? Are you sure you're ready for this?"

Harald climbed onto the Triple Stryke's back. "I'll be fine. You've taken me on so many rides on Bolt that I thought it was my turn." He held his hand out to me.

I smiled as I took his hand and allowed him to pull me up behind him.  "My comment about it being late is still valid." I wrapped my arms around him securely, enjoying the feeling it gave me.

"It is not too late. The timing is perfect. Not too worry, Stormheart thinks I'll be out all night working."

Now I was really curious, but I decided not to pry. Elska flew up high above the clouds. It was chilly up there, so I snuggled against Harald or warmth. I could tell we were flying north. I had a sneaking suspicion about our destination, and when we finally descended, I received confirmation.

"Hey, you're just rehashing the date I took you on," I said as we flew to Icestorm Island.

"You admit it was a date?" Harald teased.

"Uh, well..."

"This  is part of your school, right? We will be safe here. Besides, there is nothing wrong with reliving the classics."

I could not argue with that. When we reached the island, we flew up high again until the glittering, green lights were visible. They were not as vibrant as in the winter, but they were beautiful nonetheless.

After awhile, we flew to the ground and landed in the snow. I shivered as I dismounted. Harald should have warned me. I was dressed for the summer, not the winter! "Maybe we should go inside the dorms," I suggested.

"I have a better idea," Harald said. "Have you ever built an igloo?"

"As a matter of fact, I have."

Harald grinned. "Then let's get started."

So, I got to work packing snow. Elska even helped. Eventually, we had a nice looking igloo. We gathered wood and made a fire outside. Elska did not mind the cold, so she curled up by the entrance while Harald and I sat next to each other inside.

"This is nice," I said. "Thank you for taking me here."

Harald smiled. "Anything for you, my love." He grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers.

I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed contentedly. "You know, this was the first island Hiccup and I explored together. He used to love finding new islands and having adventures. Now he seems so afraid all the time..."