"Okay, I'm here," Alex walks in in a rush . In his hands he's holding a rather thick envelope . He waves it towards Warren and Warren waved me over to my office .

"What's in there?" I point to the envelope.

"Something that'll get Brittany to back off," he says taking me by surprise . I didn't even know they were doing this.

"What's going on?" I ask as I close my door .

"Brittany applied to be my temp secretary last week or so . I told Alex to chuck it but he brought up a good point . What was she doing applying for a job with my company? Of all companies, her resume lands in the hands of my current secretary," Warren starts .

"We did some digging and discovered that Brittany had changed her name . You two went to school together . Does Brooke Hudson , sound familiar?" Alex asked me.

Memories of this girl , who was very much a brunette flash in my mind . The other kids were mean to her and I stuck up to her bullies. We didn't become friends but something strange happened after that.  She became clingy and followed me everywhere , "she used to stalk me. Send me letters and harrass all my friends, including my sister. It was actually a nightmare. We got a restraining order when she started putting dead animals in my locker . She said they were gifts. Last I heard, her parents committed her."

They both looked at each other with seriousness , "Brittany is Brooke. She managed to get out of Shady Meadows . They don't know how she was released, but it looks like she took on a new identity . Went as far as dying her hair blonde, getting a terrible tan and some plastic surgery to alter her appearance," Warren informs me.

"But how is that possible?" I felt my throat constrict. The thought of that mad woman scared me . I didn't know what she was capable of , but it's starting to make sense.

"There was never an affair. She convinced Dylan that lie so that she can use him . So that you two could break up . When that plan failed and you showed up with me...." Alex starts to explain .

But I finished , "she decided to dump Dylan and find a way to get close to you. Why?"

"She was or is obsessed with you . Whether she thinks she loves you is something that only she knows in her convoluted mind. She isn't someone we want you to be in contact with . We've been digging and getting as much information as we can ," Warren says.

"What does having all that information going to do as far as safety is concerned?" I felt a panic attack begin . My shallow breaths were apparent as the men came over to me .

"Breathe , Aria . It's okay. You're safe here ," Alex says and then exchanges another look with Warren. "We've been talking and we think,  if you're okay with it, you should stay in my apartment . It's well guarded and no one can get to my place without a key . There's only one. And I have it," Alex suggests.

"Baby, this was the safest option , next to you going out to the countryside and stay with Trip . We already contacted a security team and regardless of what you decide , we'll have them guarding you."

I needed a minute to gather my thoughts . I don't want to have to change my life over this lunatic. And now that we have a motives we know she won't stop at anything to come for me . "I'll stay at Alex's but what's the plan? How are we going to catch her?"

○○○

I had packed a few suitcases and a duffel . I had no clue how long I'd need to stay at Alex's but I wanted to be prepared. We had told Sonja what was happening as well as my parents . They were so upset with the whole situation and the lie that broke Dylan and I up that my mother was ready to hunt her down and serve her some justice. It took a lot of convincing but I finally calmed them down enough to tell them about the plan.

We also told Warren's family as well as my bosses . We needed to cover all bases so they were aware of the severity of this . At first I was scared but then I got really mad. Now, I just want to get this whole thing over with . But the plan we have in place takes time .

Not wanting to set off any alarms because Brittany or Brooke , whoever, I still went to work and did my usual . I had undercover bodyguards blend in , watching me . I hated this feeling because I always prided my independence but I'm not going to argue . If it wasn't Dylan , it would be someone else . And it'll continue to be someone else until she had me.

We didn't mention this to my sister as they were already on their honeymoon. If we had said anything she would have flown back and both her and my mother would've torn this place upside down to get their hands on her.

My first day back at work was very awkward . My bosses knew what was happening and offered to give me either paid time off or to work from home . I didn't want to do either. I needed to stay busy , if I was left alone, my thoughts would become too paranoid. Warren had set up a small office for Alex, to set his plan into motion , this would have been better had none of the news articles let out the photos of me and Warren. We decided not to release a statement yet, this might still throw her off.

"You think this will work?" I ask Warren on the phone .

"I think so . But the next part you may not like, hell, I don't like it but Alex brought up a good point," he says.

"Tell me," I respond.

"You and Alex need to be seen in public," he quickly let's out.

"Warren, that's crazy . And it'll expose him , isn't that something he didn't want?" I knew his privacy meant a great deal to Alex, him willing to show himself is risking a lot for me.

"That's what I said . Plus I wasn't keen on him pretending to be your boyfriend . Which by the way-" I could hear him get worked up.

"Love? Nothing is going to happen between us . The most is a peck on the cheek , maybe a little hand holding . Even those two actions will feel weird but if it means a few days of that , then fine."

He sighs at the other end , "I know , the lure has been cast . My secretary has already called in her replacement . And I had one of my colleagues call Brittany ."

I crossed my fingers , "let's hope this all works in our favor."

"It will. There's no other way I see this failing, " he reassures me.

"And they're already on standby and ready?" I ask.

"Yes, it's a go."