xiv - pov's

*It took awhile but we're here . Starting from this chapter and on , we will be getting into different points of views . They will be from the main characters , main lead (Aria) and her love interests . I hope you enjoy the ride and let me know who you're rooting for!*

♡♡♡
●WARREN'S POV●

I'm glad it didn't take too much convincing on my part to let me take her home . One, I really do need to have some quality time with Alex . He needs to know that I knew about them. Most importantly,  he needs to know where we stand . I love him, he's my brother but I need to know that this won't happen again.

I lost too much time with that woman and he was right last night . I should have broken it off with Penelope , when she told me she loved me that first time . But I didn't want to be the one to break her heart . I was a coward . Instead I grew cold towards her, in hopes that she would leave on her own.

My family and friends thought that I threw myself into my work because of the breakup but the reality was , I threw myself into work as a way to breakup with her . We were both miserable and that's mostly because my held out my heart for someone else . Someone I was hoping I could meet again.

Second, I wanted to take Aria home because I really wanted to have some alone time with her, even if it is for a short moment . As soon as Alex walked through those doors for dinner and brought her in , my heart immediately knew who she was . She's changed , she grew up . A beautiful woman stood before us and I was mad . Mad that my brother found her first.

Third, I wanted to take her home so I can see how she's been living . From what I know now , she didn't take the easy way . This woman sitting next to me was determined to carve her own path and make her name mean so much more than what her father did . I appreciate the fact that she didn't grow up spoiled and I'm thankful. 

When we were kids she was my bestfriend. It wasn't just summers that we spent together but many weekends when our fathers had retreats or some kind of business meeting.  Eventually we became close . I still curse Trip for scaring them away from us .

"Thank you for taking me home," she says as she sits comfortably next to me .

"I wanted to . It's good to see you again after all these years," I say to her with a smile . If only I could spend just a little more time . But unlike my brother who jumps at the chance to take advantage of things, I will do what's right and have a talk with him first.

"How are things going with Trip? He's behaving?" I had to ask.

"The only thing I can say is that we're on the right track and he's been making it easy for me," I smile at her answer . He better behave himself , although I know this is her specialty.

"Good , I'm glad . If he's out of line once, you let me know."

She replies with , "I know he's got a reputation . I get it . And not a good one at that . But , he's trying . I can tell underneath all of that,  he really wants to be better," Aria defends Trip.

I sigh , "I understand. But don't let him play the 'misunderstood' card with you . I know you're the best at what you do , I just can't imagine something happening to you again."

Aria and I are 3 years apart . I was 8 when they pulled her body out of that lake . The image of this sweet girl lifeless is something that will forever be ingrained in my memory . Trip was so scared , I know deep down that he never wanted to have any harm come to her but it still did. I couldn't protect her then because we were kids . But as adults , you better believe that I will do whatever I can to protect her now.