xlvii - under the stars

♡♡♡
●WARREN POV●

I wanted to make sure I had everything in order . I bought the house that Aria had gushed over . The ring had been burning a hole in my pocket ever since I got it and my parents were so excited they almost gave it away when we visited Trip. There was one final thing left before I can get down on one knee . And for some reason I was more nervous about this than anything I've ever faced before.

*Ding Dong*

There I stood, in front of the Lawson mansion nervously rubbing my hands together in front of me . It felt like minutes when it was probably seconds before the door opened. I am always surprised that , as large as the house is, and as much money they are worth, they don't have a fulltime maid and butler . "Mrs. Lawson," I say.

"Oh, Warren, it's a pleasure to see you here . What can I do for you?" She asks warmly . After we explained the whole fiasco to our families about how Aria faked a relationship with Alex but was really with me, they got over their anger quickly . We've had plenty of dinners with them , and them with Delilah and Henry since then.

"Is it alright if I spoke to you and Mr. Lawson?"

She nodded with a look of worry in her eye. She brought me into his study which he also mimicked the same look, "is Aria okay? That psycho didn't escape did she?" They were still concerned about that but I assured them that Brittany was still locked up and far away.

"So, what brings you here , son?" Aria's father asked me.

Again I felt my hands get clammy as my fingers fidgeted with each other, "I know that Aria and I haven't been together long but as you know , we've known each other since we were kids . You know my family and how much we love her," I begin.

"Mike," Aria's mother gripped his shoulder as her eyes grew big. He looked at her as her excitement began to grow and he finally understood why she began to tear up.

"I have loved Aria since we were young . I continued to love her even when we were apart. Even though I tried to move on without her, I couldn't. That was why I threw myself into work and distanced any thoughts of marriage to any woman," I swallowed , "but then my brother brought her back to us . And although it was strange at how we reunited, my heart knew right away. It began to beat again and the ice that people said I had around my heart melted ."

"Awe ," her mother sighed.

"I love her and I don't know a life without loving her . And I promise to always protect her , to always love her unconditionally. With that, I want to do right by you and ask first your permission to have Aria's hand in marriage. May I marry Aria?"

Who knew grown men still had tears they can shed because Michael Lawson stood up with his wife and they hugged before turning to me , "Son, I was hoping one day that Aria found the man that matched her soul . Like we said to your brother, we always felt that it was suppose to be the two of you. Of course you may and welcome to the family."

They came to me and we all hugged and I shook his hand. These people were going to be my in-laws . And I felt fuller and fuller as all the things I needed to do was being checked off . After I left, I called her sister and asked if I could meet with her .

Delilah was my next stop.

She had sent me the address to their home . I hadn't expected that they would have a visitor, but I couldn't get mad . When I got in , I saw Dylan sitting on the couch talking to Henry. They looked over at me and Henry got up to shake my hand, "what brings you over? Sorry , I had no clue you'd be here today," he says as he looks over at Dylan.