ii - it's a match ...sort of

The following morning I woke up to a string of notifications . Sonja and I went ham on the app last night , half the time not remembering who we were looking at . This, my friends, is why you don't drink and swipe . Heck, I stay away from Amazon when I drink . A hard lesson learned when you come home to 20 brown boxes after a long day at work and a long statement from your bank.

I rubbed the night away from my eyes to focus more on the messages staring at me . I laid back and began to open the screen to see what trouble I got myself into. My jaw dropped open as I saw 15 messages . Fifteen different candidates for our little mission.

I sit up and swing my legs out of bed , making my way to Sonja's room. Thankfully I didn't need to go far because she was already in the kitchen getting the pot of coffee ready . She heard me shuffling towards her and turned around , "Morning to you."

Without saying anything else I shoved my phone in her face as I wait for that devious smile to appear . It didn't take too long as it registers in her mind what this was about .

"We got 15 guys, Sonja. Help!"

After pouring our coffee and toasting some bagels, which we split in half . We sat down on the couch to look at the men we reeled in . Some of them looked cute enough and others were a mystery as to why we swiped on them.

"Okay, so what should I say?" I ask.

"Be upfront . There's no point to waste any time since the wedding is next month," she says .

This is true, I don't know why Delilah decided to wait so long . People don't have much time to RSVP , her reasoning is so that they have to make that commitment right there and then. All the closest family and friends got our save the date months ago , those were the ones she wanted at the wedding . Everyone else who could make it were just guests with gifts .

I stick my tongue out as I type, I do this when I'm in full concentration mode. Sonja is reading the message I'm currently tapping out, outloud , "Hi, so here's the deal . I'm not looking for a relationship , I'm not looking for a hook up . What I am looking for is someone to take to my sister's wedding . You will get free food and entertainment. The caveat, you PRETEND to be my boyfriend. What's in it for you? We can discuss that . Things off the table, an unreasonable amount of money and sex. If you're interested reply back. If not, just delete me."

Turning my head to see Sonja she smiles, "Perfect. No reason to be messing around. "

I copy and paste this to every message that I received . It's still early in the morning so I'll just wait a moment before I check my phone again . In the meantime I pull open my laptop and notebook . There were still a million things to do before the wedding . We're all suppose to go to the spa today for hair and makeup appointments.

"You sure you don't want to come?" I ask Sonja.

"Nah, it's just the bridal party. You guys enjoy yourselves and then tonight we'll all go out."

Sonja is always welcomed to any of the functions we have . She tells me that she doesn't want to impose on family time, which we always reassure her that she IS family. Nevertheless we made a compromise for today's event by going out tonight. Also, she doesn't really want to hang out with one of our cousins, mainly because Sonja had messed around with her boyfriend BEFORE he got with said cousin.

Marie, that said cousin, knows about it and she's not mad or the jealous type . In fact she's one of the coolest girls I know but Sonja still feels awkward about the whole thing . We still hadn't told her that Marie is coming out with us tonight , hopefully she won't bite our heads off.

Once I was done with breakfast I head out to meet with the other girls . In my sister's bridal party I am the maid of honor , Marie and Jessica (both cousins) are bridesmaids and Delilah's oldest and closest friend Kayla, also a bridesmaid . I am so glad I get along with all of them and honestly if it weren't for them and Sonja, I have no clue how I would've ever survived the devastation that is Dylan.