xxx - day two

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

Sonja called me to tell me that she needed help getting Aria up to her room . I wasn't too far away from their home and I didn't mind coming around . When I arrived I saw her cuddled up next to Dylan. To say that the scene upset me was a complete understatement. How did this happen? Did he do something to her?

I walked over to her and called out her name , "Aria," she stirred a little and then she began to blink slowly waking herself up . She looked at me and I saw that her eyes were red and swollen , she had been crying .

"Are you okay ? Did he hurt you?" I asked her .

She shook her head , "we had some closure , the only pain I felt is here," she pokes her chest and I felt my own heart ache for her . Although they hadn't been together in 6 months this is the first time they probably have been around each other without her running away or him being an ass.

I helped her up to her bedroom and as I laid her down I kissed her forehead and promised I'd do better . That I'd do better than I had done in the last couple weeks, that I'd do better in the future . Even though she is a strong woman capable of handling hard times, she still has a fragile heart . Like all of us.

From what I know , Dylan was her first love , her first everything. They did everything together and she had their whole lives planned out . From what Warren described to me during his visit , Dylan was a broken man . Someone who made mistakes that cost him dearly . I saw two people on the couch who yearned to come back but know they can never go back.

Hearing her say that she finally got closure made me hopeful . Not just for me but for her . That she wouldn't be holding onto the failures of that relationship and punish the possibility of a future ; of love . I know this is going to be an uphill battle but I'm not giving up on her .

After I left and got home I settled in on my couch trying to shrug off the stress of last week, the weekend and tonight . I got a phone call from reception telling me that I had a visitor . I wasn't expecting anyone and asked him who was waiting . He informed me that my sister was here .

I opened the door from the elevator and sure enough there she was , "Florence? What are you doing here?"

So much for a quieter evening . My sister ran in frazzled , "Alex, I made a mistake."

I closed the door and she was pacing back and forth as if she was running a race , "okay you need to give me more," I say .

"I'm pregnant," she tells me.

"That's fantastic news!" I begin to congratulate her and then she stops me .

"It's not his , shit." She blurts out .

I never expected her to do something like this but it seems like everyone's dirty little secrets are finally coming out, "who's is it?"

She begins to shake nervously , "Mick's"

Holy crap , "how long has this been going on?"

Mick, her childhood bestfriend . The guy WE all thought she would end up with . The guy that's actually bestfriends with Florence's husband . I can't say I'm surprised but I for sure did not see this coming .

"For a long time," she confesses.

"Then why did you get married?" I ask her.

"I didn't know how Mick felt . And well
Gregory poured out his feelings to me . To me this was my only chance . Plus I thought if I did date Greg that Mick might make a move," she admits.