Chapter 25 ❆ Black Flame

I've been in a good place mentally recently! Thank you for patiently waiting for updates. I really wish I can upload more frequently!

Seeing that Maun had gotten his head back in the game and the unsettling energy that I felt from him had significantly calmed down, I was able to rest well too. Though I had been on edge previously, I had a feeling this time wouldn't be as bad.

Stone Guardian had received serious injuries in the last exchange he had with Maun. Considering how he was no longer in the prime to fight, Silent Dragon, with an aggressive sweep of offensive tactics, did not have much trouble with taking him down. I would like to give it to him, though—Stone Guardian was quite the resilient character. It was a pity he had to go against a prodigy for this round.

Looking at Maun breeze through his fight made me feel silly for being concerned about this guy in the first place. Calm or not—I guess I was never worried about him losing.

I was worried about him losing control.

A chill traveled down my spine when I came upon the realization. It was something I never thought I would ever feel from this guy...with him always being this small bundle of shy and positive energy. But I suppose that much was to be expected. There were still many things about him that I wasn't familiar with.

The battle, to say the least, ended swiftly during the second round. I had not much to say for the exchange any longer and I didn't think I had the interest to continue watching Maun beat up somebody else either—especially with the outcome already very clear. So, instead, I put my attention back into my notes and wrote down my observations on the exchange, as well as notes on any possible areas of improvement.

It seemed he hadn't had any need to call on his domain for this fight. I wasn't sure about Maun in that regard, but it seemed he would be getting by just fine.

I didn't know what to say with what I saw a while ago, Still, no matter what Maun had been worried about initially...I had every reason to believe he had some semblance of control over it, at the very least. The guy might look soft, but he had a lot of drive and willpower inside of him. Otherwise, he would have not survived the ordeal of being stabbed and having his tongue cut off. He was probably just someone who needed a lot of support and encouragement to perform his best.

The crowd were in great cheer. Even Eren was momentarily hyped as well.

"M—I'LL START A FAN KINGDOM FOR YOU," Eren said. "YOU WERE AMAZING!"

I was startled. "A fan kingdom?"

"Well, you told me before you were a fan of something if you really want to support someone, and I'm sure many others want to do it too. So, I want to make a kingdom for it. Because there are many. But it can still be a kingdom. Even if it's just you and me."

"Like a fandom?" I blurted out.

Her eyes brightened. "Right! Like a fandom!"

Maun having a fandom was very fitting, and I wouldn't mind joining it myself. She seemed really happy though.

The announcer's voice rang out. "For the next fight, it seems some issue has arisen with both parties—Mushroom Soup and White Face! Our elders' call is to temporarily move on to the next fight between Black Flame and Weeping Siren while the problems are being sorted between the two! Thank you for your understanding and patience!"

The smile froze on her face and it seemed, once more, that her soul had left her body. I smiled sheepishly and guided her soulless body to sit down, patting her shoulder comfortingly.

Speaking of Maun...I looked over to the stage and found that the medics have already finished attending to injured Stone Guardian as well as preliminary checks on Maun. Knowing he was in a good state enough to walk off on his own, he giddily walked over to where Eren and I sat.