Chapter 78 ❆ Meander

Success. We tided through the day with no hitch and unforeseen misfortunes. There were small hiccups, but I'd taken note of them in order to avoid similar instances in the future.

The first day ended with our shelves swept clean, so my mistresses decided to celebrate by closing the store early and taking everyone to Kaiser's restaurant to eat. At the time, I was still worried about how to restock those shelves, but I'd already instructed my aids in advance to make the perfumes and seal the bottles according to the recipes and methods I provided earlier.

Elion's people could be trusted about the matter, and they were all very sincere people. Anyway, I doubted they would know the formulation very well, since the bottles were rather complicated and I had assigned the tasks separately. This way, not one person knew the whole formula other than myself.

For the luxury line, only I knew the formulas. Although this meant some more security, it also meant I would have to work on them since only I could make them. But I should be able to handle them myself. I could leave the bottling and packaging matter to someone else.

While everyone celebrated, I was somewhat preoccupied by my thoughts. However, with everyone's interest about the perfumes, I was kept busy with answering questions too.

"Oh, did you see how fast those expensive perfumes sold out?" Mistress Veronika boasted.

"Aside from the smell, it was just so beautiful. Like stars spinning in silken water..." Mistress Kora gushed. "Where in the world did you get that idea?"

"I like shiny things," I said.

They laughed.

And it was true. I liked shiny things. Anyway, I couldn't possibly tell them it wasn't originally my idea. In this world, whose would it be?

I could tell they wanted to encourage me and make me feel important for this special day. I could feel their sincerity and care for me. I really lucked out when it came to the people I had around, and for that I was constantly grateful.

After a fulfilling day, we all retreated back to our homes. I, on the other hand, along with Maun and Elion, had to part from everyone else to return to the temple.

"By the way, Evy," Elion began as we went up the steps together. "My family and I are moving out of the camp to settle in a better residence."

"That's great!" I said.

"Yes, well it's just me, my mother, and my brother. To be honest, I feel very guilty about it," Elion said. "However, my mother's condition really is not good for the environment of the camp. It's either too hot or too cold."

"Don't be guilty about moving out for your own comfort. You don't have to worry about everyone else. We'll find a way to help everyone, of course," I reassured him.

"I understand. Thank you for today. Good night."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Good night, Maun, thank you for being there today," I said, patting his head.

He smiled at me, then proceeded to take something out of his pocket. It was a stamp carving shaped like a chess piece. The carving was more exquisite than his previous works, and I think it was safe to say this was currently the best one yet.

"Oh, wow." My expression wasn't perfunctory. It carried genuine surprise.

I'd known that Maun started only very recently...or maybe it'd been recent in my memory. After all, a lot had happened already, and it might've already been a few months. Nonetheless, this lionhead stamp he made had serious and intricate details. It must've taken him hours just carving these lines to make it so lifelike.