21| sleepover

SLEEPOVER

"Do you want me to get you some pj's or something? I can find some stuff in my dads closet." Laura whispered, whilst scrambling to find Ollie a temporary bed to sleep on. Her parents had arrived home an hour ago, lucky for the two of them, they'd had dinner together beforehand, so at least Laura didn't have to worry about that. So far, she'd found a camping mattress her family had used when they attempted to go camping during spring break.

Attempted being the keyword. It lasted for 2 days before they all decided to pack up and go home. It was then the Summers' family discovered they weren't camping people. However, it was coming in extremely handy in the current situation. She had found sheets and blankets for it in the spare closet in the hallway.

Answering her question, he spoke, "Isn't that kind of weird?"

Laura shrugged, "If you're comfortable in that then it's fine. Just offering. We do have school tomorrow, you know."

"If it's not too much trouble, that'd be great," Oliver replied, smiling timidly as she crept into her parents' bedroom, swiping a t-shirt, sweat pants and hoodie for him to sleep in. She was thankful that her action had gone unnoticed by her parents, who were watching a movie downstairs with Ethan.

She passed him the clothes and he quickly scurried into the bathroom to change.

"I really appreciate this Laur," Olls yelled through the door while Laura fixed his bed up, making sure the sheets were smooth and comfortable. Lord knows he needed a good sleep tonight. He emerged from the bathroom engulfed in grey and running a hand through his hair, and checking the time on his phone, "It's 8.30, a bit early to go to bed, I guess."

"Not if you're tired. I can go downstairs or something if you wanna get an early night, I don't mind."

Oliver smiled at her, "Don't worry about it. I probably wouldn't fall asleep anyway."

Laura shrugged, "We can watch Netflix if you like. I hear they just added 10 Things I Hate About You."

"Never seen it."

She rolled her eyes, "Why doesn't that surprise me?"

"Well, we're watching it now. Do me a favour and push your bed under mine, just in case someone comes in." He nodded and pushed it in one swift motion. It wasn't a light camping mattress either and his muscles were flexing and tensed, Laura couldn't help but watch as he moved.

She looked back at her computer before he knew she was looking and fired up Netflix on a new browser. 10 Things I Hate About You was first in the recommended section and she clicked play and watched the red circle load until completion. He joined her on the bed and covered her legs with a blanket.

"Hang on," she paused, springing up from the bed, "let me change first, this is super uncomfortable."

Oliver nodded and she walked over to her wardrobe and picked out some comfortable pyjamas, but not ugly as all hell. They had looney tunes characters on the shorts and a large bugs bunny on the t-shirt. She opened the door to the bathroom, which acted as a joining room with Ethan.

"You can get changed here, I really don't mind." Oliver teased, grinning at her.

She rolled her eyes, "Nice try."

Laura quickly got changed and emerged in her baby blue outfit, only to be met with Oliver's wandering eyes. He gave her a speedy once over, thinking she hadn't noticed his eyes raking over her body. He cleared his throat and shifted his gaze back to her laptop, which was waiting readily.