xxxix - official date

Start from the beginning

Aria took my breath away, "that's what I've always said and I've always felt about this place ."

"Does anyone else know about this? Or has come with you?" She asks.

I wrapped my arms around her ,her back to me while we both stared off to the horizon, "you're the only one," I admit .

"I feel honored," she said as she grabbed my arms to hold her tighter.

"There are so many other places I want to show you and experience with you, tonight is just the first of many," I say as I nuzzle my nose in the crook of her neck.

"I can't wait," she said as she turned around in my arms.

Tonight we did something I never thought we'd do but I had hoped one day I could with the right woman . We laid a blanket down on the ground and we looked up at the stars telling each other our deepest desires . The moment was intimate and meant everything to me. After we left , we went back to my place and made love to each other until the early morning.

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

My phone was going off nonstop the next day . Warren and I had the most amazing first date and I was exhausted from the activities of the night before. I didn't want to get my phone but I know that ringtone and I knew that I had to take the call . I moved as carefully as possible so as not to wake Warren up .

I was able to finally make my way to my purse after several minutes of not trying to wake him , I pulled my phone out and saw several phone calls from work. It's Sunday, no one should be in the office . So I hit the phone number and called back.

"Aria!" I heard a voice sounding relieved on the other end.

"Hi, what's going on ? On a Sunday?" I ask puzzled.

"So here's the thing , our office has been bombarded with phone calls ," I can hear exasperation in his voice.

"What happened?" I demand.

"Have you not looked at your texts? You're ALL OVER the internet," he says and I tell him to hold as I pull up the usual sites we monitor.

Sure enough my face and Warren are splattered all over the front page . I could feel a headache going on as frustration begins to build. What the hell was I thinking? I wasn't. I forgot that Warren and I come from recognizable names. He was the ungettable bachelor and I was the powerhouse behind the biggest PR company in the world. Not only that , the name Lawson has a huge reputation and really goes hand in hand .

Some of the headlines read :

Unstoppable Power Couple

Wells and Lawson Union

The Perfect Match

Together because of a Trip.

That last headline made me stop in my tracks . I opened that article and read it . The only thing I can think of was we were in trouble and needed to do damage control ASAP. I got back on the phone , "this isn't good. I'll be there within an hour . I will let Warren Wells know." He needs to know and I'll bring him in.

"Is it true? You're with Warren and not Alex?" He asks.

"Yes and that's a whole other issue that I hope doesn't get out," I huffed .

We hang up and I march myself back into his bedroom. He looks so relaxed and I really hate that I'm going to drop some bad news but I have no choice . We weren't careful and we weren't thinking. I nudged him carefully and he stirred a little . I nudged him again and heard some murmuring.

Finally , "Let's go another round," and he instinctively rolled onto his back pulling me to him . I giggled, he's still a man afterall . "Wakeup love," I say soothingly to him, "I need you to get up baby."

He began to blink his sleep away and once his eyes were open and he saw me his smile grew , "I could get used to this every morning."

I smiled back , feeling the same sentiments. Before I could get lost in this moment I had to get myself together. "War, love, we have to go to my office soon."

"Good joke," he laughed.

"I'm serious," and I pull my phone out and show him the same headlines I saw . When realization began to dawn on him he sat up quickly.

"Okay, let's shower and then go," he said as he went to his dresser to grab some underwear and casual clothing.

"Shower together?" He thinks he's so slick.

"Well, you know," he stumbles over his words, "save time."

I smile and nod , he's right , I suppose . Although I think we'd save more time if we took separate showers.