Mask Of The Phantasm

**** This chapter has a small mention of Season 7 Episode 16 Thine Own Self and Episode 16 Masks ****

"Will!?"  Riker hears a familiar soft feminine voice say from behind him he spins around and searches with his eyes for the source then he starts walking in it's direction a few paces away from where he once was Riker finds Dezirae sitting next to Data who had something long sticking out of his back and a familiar looking case sitting on her other side he rushes over to her picks Data up and beams aboard the Enterprise with Dezirae and Beverly at his side.... "positronic net online subprocessor relays in place and neuroelectrical systems enabled"  Beverly says as she scans Data's body as it lays on a Sickbay bed she reaches under his back and flips his switch he sit up and stares at Picard, Riker, Dezirae, Deanna and Beverly who were standing around him his hand automatically reaches for and grips Dezirae's as Beverly asks with a sigh "Data, are you all right?"  Data replies "I do not know I am surprised to find myself here I thought Dezirae and I were on Barkon 4"  Picard asks "what's the last thing you remember?"  Data replies "we had located the crashed Federation probe and collected the radioactive fragments I was attempting to download the sensor logs from the probe's onboard computer there was a power surge I believe the surge overloaded my positronic matrix after that.... I have no memory until this moment"  he looks down at his clothes and says "it appears I had an interesting time"  Dezirae chuckles then replies with a smile "you can say that again!"  Riker says "Dezirae filled us in on everything that went on down there apparently you two saved an entire village from radiation poisoning"  Beverly adds "and you were a very special friend to a little girl"  Deanna looks around and says with a sigh and a soft chuckle "well.... if you'll excuse me, um... I have the Bridge this watch"  Data asks "Counselor, have you been promoted in my absence?"  Deanna replies "that's right which means from now on you can call me "sir".."  Data replies "yes, sir"  Dezirae chuckles then says "congratulations"  Deanna smiles and replies "thank you"  then she walks out of Sickbay Data slides off the bed then says as he loops Dezirae's arm through his "I should get you to bed you look exhausted"  Desiree smiles then allows him to lead her out of the room and to their quarters where he helps her takes a shower then lays her down in bed and watches her sleep.... a week later Dezirae and Data were in Mrs. Narsu's class sculpting "feelings" Dezirae was trying to sculpt a renaissance or Mardi Gras mask but started to make something completely different something she had no idea what it was (the mask in the chapter photo) she kept looking over at Data's sculpture of a Personal Access Display Device "I'm pretty sure that is not what.... is that all you think about is work!?!"  Dezirae jokingly asks Data Data looks up and asks "what are you making?"  Dezirae replies "a mask.... I was trying to make a renaissance design but no matter what I THINK I'm doing it always turns out this way.... and I don't know why.... the oddest thing is that the dimensions"  she starts to press it down to start all over but Data stops her by gripping her wrist gently and asks "what are you doing!?"  she replies "starting over..... Data.... what do you think of when you think of me!?.... or fire!?"  he looks at her curiously "think of the sculpture as a painting and instead of using paint you're using clay sculpt it into something a expressionist would make"  she says as she was talking the mask she was making became a mix of many the flowers on Betazed in one "that's beautiful Dez"  Dezirae hears Deanna say from behind her Dezirae looks up at her in surprise then down at her unique flower and sighs in relief Data looks at the sculpture curiously and asks "I am a flower!?!"  Dezirae and Deanna chuckle "well.... you're definitely abstract"  Dezirae replies with a smile Deanna chuckles with a smile as Dezirae slides her chair closer to Data and says "here..... let's work on something together"  Deanna was about to hand them a new ball of clay when they hear Riker's voice say through the com "Riker to Data please report to the Bridge"  Data replies "acknowledged, sir on my way"  he kisses Dezirae's lips then stands up and leaves the room....