Home For The Borg

**** This chapter is based off of Season 6 Episode 26 Descent part 1 and Season 7 Episode 1 Descent part 2 ****

"Data put him down!"  Dezirae orders when she sees Data raise a Borg above his head in anger Data moves his head so he can look at her and he instantly feels calm and begins to lower the Borg who is now rendered unconscious "artificial lifeform Starfleet rank-- Lieutenant Commander name-- Data"  another Borg says as he starts to slowly rise then the Borg disappear "it's odd they're not a Collective anymore! and you.... have never shown anger before!"  Dezirae says with a soft surprised tone as she looks at Data who looks at her with sadness in his eyes she walks over to him and slides her hand up his cheek he reaches up and grips her hand gently as his eyes close at her gentle loving touch he opens his eyes looks deeply into hers and says "I see what you mean now"  she smiles softly and says "let's go home!"  he nods and Riker taps his combadge then orders to have them all beam back up to the Enterprise.... "Geordi.... do you think this behavioral change might have something to do with either the Borg and their new ship or something on the planet!?"  Dezirae asks her friend a few hours later.... she had Geordi meet her in Ten Forward since there was now an Admiral on board and she did not wish to get him in trouble for having her in Engineering.... "I haven't been able to sense any "real" emotion out of him.... other than what he always shows me.... since we left the Outpost"  she adds "hmm maybe.... it's certainly something to think about"  Geordi replies "I'm worried about him and he's worried that all he'll ever truly be able to feel are dark emotions never any light ones though I do declare his love for me and the way he treats the crew on the Enterprise as well as everyone else we have encountered proves otherwise which makes me think that someone or something might be somehow causing this change and I know it isn't Lore I would sense him and I know without a shadow of a doubt even he wouldn't do this he has too much fun "playing with his little bro" to be THIS cruel!"  she says he chuckles though it is slightly possible that he may agree with her.... "do you want to know what I think!?"  Dezirae asks Picard when she joins him for their daily tea in his Ready Room "please"  he replies holding his cup up to his lips "well it's more of a wonder really though perhaps "thought" might be a better word for it.... I think someone may be "leading" them.... they were once a Collective now they're individuals they're not used to having their own thoughts so they may have looked to another for guidance the question we should probably be asking is who is it that they are following"  she says he looks at her thoughtfully then says "that's an interesting thought"  she chuckles he smiles "you seem overly stressed.... is there anything I can do to help!?"  she asks "you already have"  he replies raising his teacup she smiles.... Dezirae and Picard walk out of the Ready Room when Riker sounds a Red Alert and she watches as the ship gets pulled into a energy matrix when the Borg ship they were chasing goes into warp she grips the back of Data's chair to steady herself as the ship rocks from the impact of the matrix but doesn't let go even after they are free from it and they soon become face to face with the Borg ship are shot at and boarded "get down!"  Security Officer Franklin shouts Riker ducks and Franklin shoots at the Borg one of them moves out of the way of the beam then aims his weapon at Franklin but Dezirae gets in the way the Borg lowers his weapon and tilts his head at her as she says in a smooth calm voice "he was just protecting his friends you must understand the concept by now and just like you probably would they don't answer kindly to those who come aboard unannounced and even though you have yet to cause any harm here you have caused harm elsewhere and they are being overly cautious believing you mean them harm as well.... do you!?.... if you are seeking revenge you will not be able to succeed without going through me first!"  hearing her Data stands up and pulls out his phaser as he spins around and shoots one of the Borg Worf shoots the other Dezirae looks at Data and sees the expression on his face then turns to one of the Borg and tilts her head at him as Worf reports "Security reports there are no other intruders aboard Captain.... the Borg ship is gone sensor logs indicate they entered the distortion field 30 seconds ago"  Data who was curious as to why Dezirae is staring at the Borg the way she is walks over to it as Picard says "they beamed on board as a diversion to give their ship time to escape"  Riker says as he points to the Borg and he and Picard walk over to them "this is another change in the Borg behavior they left their dead instead of vaporizing them"  Data says "Captain this one is still alive"  he then stands up and wraps his arm around Dezirae's shoulder.....