Dream A Little Dream Of Me

**** This story is based off of Season 7 Episode 6 Phantasms ****

"Data!?.... Data wake up!!"  Dezirae says with a worried tone as she gently cups his shoulder with her hand while laying slightly over him Data's eyes open his hand reaches out and touches her cheek when he sees the worry in her eyes "you were having a nightmare.... I was a afraid you weren't going to wake up"  she says softly he kisses her lips she smiles and says "not to be rude but I'm surprised you don't dream that you are human.... I am not surprised however that you dream of the ship and our friends.... though I don't recall ever being a part of your dreams either"  he sits up and says "I will be sure to add you to them once the nightmares stop"  she chuckles then turns her body towards him pushing him back down on the bed as her lips meet his "I must report for duty"  he says through her kisses "just a few more.... consider it punishment and or payment for not dreaming about me!"  she coos with a smile "4 more then I must go"  he says she leans back and asks as he sits up again "you actually count how many times I kiss you!?!"  he replies "no but...."  he starts but doesn't get to finish for her lips meet his once more as her hands work to remove his uniform and she makes his body lay back down as her fingertips slide over his chest and makes love to him THEN let's him leave.... once she was "satisfied"/spent.... his skin tingling at the memory of her touch as he walks out of their quarters.... fully clothed.... and heads to work he smiles when he hears Dezirae say as he walks out the door "I love you Data"  he replies just before the door closes "I love you too Dezirae".... a few hours later Dezirae ended up watching Data sleep with Spot laying on her lap enjoying the slow rhythm of her gentle pets she can't SEE what he's dreaming but she can sense the unfelt emotions that come from them she's been wondering what set them off and found it curious that he just started to have them when they "upgraded" the Warp Drive she has yet to comment on her "curiosity" but she did find it odd that they had begun at that specific time and wondered if somehow his positronic brain.... or something else entirely.... was trying to tell him something she was still not a part of these nightmares and neither was Spot which she found in some strange way to be a relief for she had no idea how they would play out if they were in them she once again called out his name when she heard Troi screaming "Data!?"  Dezirae says softly his body shoots up and his hand automatically reacts as though he was holding some sort of knife and was going to stab her with it she jumps back with a soft gasp he lowers his hand and says "I am sorry"  then he pulls her in for a hug which she allows even though her body was unsettled "you should head to work you were suppose to be in Engineering 3 minutes ago"  she tells him "my internal chronometer was supposed to wake me 32 minutes ago"  he replies "I know I had only just arrived about 15 minutes ago and well.... I was curious to see what it was like to have our roles reversed.... me watching you sleep instead of you watching me.... at first you seemed curious and confused so I didn't think I had much to worry about then I heard Deanna screaming and.... I've been trying to wake you for the past 4 minutes.... if you don't want to talk about it that's ok though I believe it would be more prudent to not wonder why you overslept but what your nightmares are trying to tell you.... I do find it odd that they started after we put in the new Warp Core though.... but that's a thought for when you're not supposed to be on duty"  she says then she kisses his cheek and sends him on his way informing Geordi that he was headed his way and told him that he overslept and seemed unsettled by his new nightmare that locked him inside itself which he found to be "a interesting interpretation"....

The next day Dezirae stood outside the holodeck as Data had a "appointment" with Freud Data looks at her in surprise when he walks out and finds her standing there with a smile on her face "I saw which program you had created and thought it would be better if I stayed out of it this time.... I don't believe those kind of doctors like interruptions"  she tells him "thank you"  he replies she kisses his lips then takes his hand in hers and they start walking "you know.... you never did answer my question"  she says as they walk "what question!?!"  he asks she stops walking moves her body so she stands in front of him and coos softly "did you enjoy calling me Ensign!?!"  he replies "yes I did"  she smiles he kisses her lips then they continue walking.... about a half an hour later Dezirae walks into Engineering and sees Data backing away from Geordi slowly while holding something that looked like a knife "Data!?!"  Data hears Dezirae say softly with a worried tone he jumps slightly when he feels her fingers touch his skin he looks at her and says in a low soft voice "I think you were right"  she asks curiously "about what!?!"  he replies "my dreams.... they're trying to tell me something.... I just do not know what"  she says "maybe Dea would be a better choice for a doctor to go see.... she knows you better than Freud anyway"  he nods.... a few hours later Dezirae walks into the turbolift and stops Data from stabbing Deanna with the brace coil knife Data wakes up once again when he feels her grip his arm "I am sorry"  Data says "Dea.... would you mind taking a trip to Sickbay!?"  Dezirae asks though she was confused Deanna replies "uh.... sure"  then she has the turbolift change course as Desiree keeps her hand enclosed over Data's making sure he doesn't lift the knife again and she used the com to ask if Picard, Riker and Geordi would meet them in Sickbay though curious as to why they all agreed and that's when they found out about the imagery in Data's nightmares and Picard had Data relived of duty and confined to quarters with Dezirae acting as a guard since she was the only one who could wake him and Beverly checked Deanna's shoulder for whatever Data said he saw and said that he "had the need to destroy" and she found something.... interesting and they decided to hook Data's neural net to the holodeck so they could experience the nightmare for themselves so Data and Dezirae end up in the holodeck and "prepare for bed" sitting side by side as Geordi hooks his friend up to it.... "I think we're ready, Captain the link is active the holodeck has been calibrated to Data's neural net"  Geordi says once he finished Picard nods at the security guards standing in front of the door one of them opens the door then they both leave "ready, Mister Data?"  Picard asks "yes, sir"  Data replies "normally, I would wish you pleasant dreams, but in this case, bad dreams would be more helpful"  Picard says Data squeezes Desiree's hand gently then replies "I understand, sir initiating dream programme stand by"  Dezirae lays her head on his shoulder making Picard and Geordi smile as Data kisses the top of her head then closes his eyes....