Curiouser and Curiouser

**** This chapter is based off of Season 5 Episode 26 Time's Arrow part 1 and Season 6 Episode 1 Time's Arrow part 2 ****

**** This chapter is based off of  Season 5 Episode 26 Time's Arrow part 1 and Season 6 Episode 1 Time's Arrow part 2 ****

"Data darling.... I think we needed to be invited.... in other words we are not on the list and cannot go any further without "causing trouble".... mainly for him who is only doing his job"  Dezirae says as Data's eyes roam the ballroom for Guinan the man looks slightly relieved as Data looks down at her and says "we must speak with her"  she replies "I realize that but.... Data!"  hearing her shout softly at Data who continues to try and walk further into the room Guinan looks over at them curiously and senses something oddly curious familiar yet different about them and walks over to where they are.... after excusing herself of course.... "do I know you!?!"  Guinan asks Dezirae with a curious expression on her face "it would take a lot of explaining.... if you could come outside with us.... if only for a little while I will do my best to try"  Dezirae replies Guinan nods then follows her and Data out of the room then out the door Guinan finally looks at Data then asks "what exactly are you?"  Data replies "android artificial life form"  Guinan says "ah did my father send you here? because if he did, you must go back and tell him I've not done listening...."  Data replies "I was not sent by your father circumstances demand that I take you into my confidence I require your assistance"  Guinan reaches out with her pointer finger and touches the tip of Data's nose Data looks at her slightly confused ".... sorry"  Guinan says "we are from the 24 century, where you and I serve aboard a starship Dezirae is my.... companion.... "better half" if you will"  Guinan asks "and?"  Data replies "our ship encountered a species who appears to be threatening 19th century Earth I investigated, and was inadvertently pulled into their temporal vortex"   Guiana says "ah...."  then Data continues "when we saw your photograph in the newspaper, I assumed you had joined me from the future.... from the Enterprise though it seems Dezirae assumed correctly when she said you might not know us I knew your species was long-lived, but I did not realize you had visited Earth so long ago"  Dezirae says without looking over at the man who was close by "enjoying the tale Mr Clemens!?!"  a puff of smoke flows in their direction and they hear the clearing of a throat then a man's voice reply "indeed mind you eavesdropping is by no means a proper activity for a gentleman nonetheless.... the deed is done"   he walks over to them and asks "how did you know my name"  Dezirae replies "my dear sir!.... I sneaked a peak at the guest list and took a guess"  Clemens chuckles.... the next day Data and Dezirae walk about the town and Dezirae gripped the back of her neck and sucked in a breath as they passed a man and woman in grey the man had a walking stick with a white snake head design on top Data turns his head and asks as he watches her rub the back of her neck "are you alright?"  Dezirae replies "yes I just felt.... if I could best describe it I would say a snake bite.... the strange thing is it felt as though the venom went through my nervous system not my blood stream...."  Data looks at her curiously "that couple in grey we just past.... the man had a walking stick with a white snake design on the top of it.... it's odd that I felt it at all but we have other concerns at the moment for we have a eavesdropping shadow following us"  she says his eyebrows scrunch up as his curiosity grows making her chuckle "the air is changing Data!.... I have a feeling we soon won't be the only ones from our time to come here.... and I don't think he trusts us.... yet!"  she whispers.... a few minutes later after Data treated Dezirae to lunch then went to go find Guinan they return to their room with Guinan in tow "I found the Head Surveyor, I found the cavern you will not be able to get to it the entrance is on a mine shaft that is the middle of the Presidio on an army base"  Guinan says as they walk inside "perhaps you could arrange for us to get in"  Data says "how?" Guinan asks "with permission to dig for the mine shaft"  Data replies "that's odd.... why would Jack enter here when we're not....!?! Data.... there's someone here!.... you might want to make sure nothing of importance is missing"  Dezirae says nodding over to his invention Data walks over to the desk then says when he finds out what is missing "the transceiver assembly has been removed without it I will be unable to track the time shifts" Guinan states matter of fact "Twain"  Data asks "Clemens?"  Guinan replies "yes he's been driving me crazy he watches the house, he follows me down the street asking me questions if anyone took this you can believe it was him"  Dezirae says "well he is a storyteller and they are the imaginatively curious sort though I would possibly bet that he might just have a wee bit of a crush on you.... though I do not presume just guess"  Data looks at the two of them then says "if you are correct, he must be warned the device has been modified in such a way that prolonged contact with human tissue would be highly toxic.... can you tell where he is Dezirae!?"  she looks at the standing dresser where they hear a soft clattering noise and she opens the door to reveal the white haired man in a white suit stands looking at them "it's so nice of you to join us Mr Clemens!.... uninvited which seems to be your norm!"  Dezirae says with a playfully sarcastic tone and a smile Data picks up the transceiver assembly that Clemens had dropped then walks over to the desk and puts it back where it belongs....