🤯Off With His Head!!!!!!!!

**** This chapter is based off of Season 5 Episode 26 Time's Arrow part 1 ****

Data watched as Dezirae slide her hand over his decapitated head's cheek that he was studying her eyes never leaving its eyes "are you alright!?"  Data asks "I know I should be affected by all this but I can't help but be curious about it.... maybe it's because this isn't the first time I have seen just your head or perhaps it hasn't truly sunk in because I had not witnessed whatever happened to this one yet.... then again your calmness has had the tendency to keep me calm at times.... I guess I'm just keeping things objective staying "on course" and not truly thinking about the why's, how's or when's of it all just yet.... besides you're here, your whole and if I focus on that.... it doesn't hurt as much...."  Dezirae replies she looks at him and their eyes meet "I know that it has already affected the others on the ship to them it is much like the time that they thought Geordi and Ro were "dead".... it's sunk in far too deep and has yet to wash away because the fact remains that it has yet to happen but they now know that it someday will and it.... frightens them.... to lose their friend and not be able to do anything to stop it.... it's scarier than half the things we've already faced that have tried to destroy us in many ways.... I should let you work"  she says then she walks around the small table his decapitated head is on kisses his cheek "I love you Data"  she says softly then she walks away he tilts his head with a small smirk as he watches her leave "I love you too Dezirae"  he says then continues his scans of his own head.... about and hour or so later Dezirae is called to the Bridge to help Data monitor the sensor readings as they investigate the anomaly they now face she could sense the hurt he would feel if he had emotions but something about Picard's thought to have her work with him made things slightly better for him it still hurt but he was glad she was with him he had found that since the foreknowledge of his death had been brought to life he needed to have her with him every moment of every day because he was uncertain when his last would be and he didn't want to not have the chance to say goodbye and tell her that he loves her one last time she also ends up going down to the planet with him because even Picard didn't want him to be alone.... Data takes Dezirae's hand as they transport down to Devidia 2 and refused to let it go Geordi takes the device from his free hand and Data says "once I have adjusted the forcefield, I will no longer be visible, Commander I have taken steps, however, to ensure that you will still be able to hear me if you would assist me in a test of the com system my voice will be transmitted on a delay correlated to the phase adjustment that should allow me to maintain verbal contact"  Riker asks "will we be able to talk to you?"  Data replies "no, sir that will not be possible"  Geordi says once he was finished working and he hands the device back over to Data "the subspace field has been established you're set to go, Data"  Data lets go of Dezirae's hand as he works the device and says "adjusting the synchronic distortion point 0 0 1 point 0 0 2"  he starts to fade away until the only one who can see him is Dezirae and he continues talking "point 0 0 3 Point 0 0 4"  Data's voice comes through Riker's combadge though it was distorted it was still understandable "I have made visual contact there are lifeforms here they are either unaware of me or choosing to ignore me I am moving approximately 10 meters north of my starting position to observe more closely they range from 2 to 3 meters in height silver grey in color they have 4 limbs no eyes or ears are noticeable there is a single orifice where a humanoid forehead would ordinarily be they are reclined against the rock face surrounding an apparatus of some sort approximately 1 point 5 meters in height it is releasing what appear to be energy fragments, which are then ingested by the entities through the orifice perhaps some sort of nourishment the upper portion of the apparatus seems to be a holding facility for the energy segments there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of these fragments inside I have resumed a northerly direction there is no evidence yet of humans"  Riker, Geordi, Deanna and Worf follow Dezirae's movements for Data had taken her hand in his once again as he walked away from his friends and walked around the cavern "okay, that's enough Data come on back now...."   Geordi says "you should know better than that Geordi once he becomes even slightly intrigued of his findings there is no stopping him till he has finished his analysis"  Dezirae replies Geordi chuckles with a smile and says "this is true"  Data says "I have encountered another lifeform-- an ophidian it seems to be restricted by a forcefield 2 of the silver-grey entities are approaching it they have released the forcefield"  an explosion is heard through Riker's com feeling that something was off Dezirae becomes nervous though just as she told Geordi she knew Data wouldn't stop till the job was done it was his way of proving that he was still capable of doing his job even though he knew his friends were worried about him "I am reading a temporal distortion.... of.... mass.... ....portions.... the ophidian is cap.... ....ime-space continuum.... caught in the after effect.... I am attempting...."  Data continues seemingly unaffected by what had just happened or perhaps a little TOO focused on his job and his voice comes out more distorted and staticky than before a small bright white light flashes as another explosion is heard and Dezirae disappears along with Data the only thing that was left that showed they were once there was the device Data had in his hand that was left on a rock where he and Dezirae once stood "Data! Dezirae!"   Deanna shouts....