The Breeding Zone

this chapter is based off of   Season 7 Episode 19 Genesis,  Episode 20 Journey's End,  Episode 21 First Born

Dezirae ends up taking care of a pregnant Spot by herself when Data goes with Picard to retrieve and destroy a "runaway" "upgraded" torpedo after they (Picard and Data) leave the ship the rest of the crew start behaving differently and she calls upon her sister Desyre for help with taking care of the ship and its crew once the crew starts to de-evolve into different form of prehistoric creatures Dezirae stays on the Bridge while Desyre does her best to figure out how to change the crew back thanks to Dezirae and her knowledge of how the ship runs the Enterprise was at the prearranged coordinates that were arranged by Data and Picard for when they return and both men were informed of what was happening on the ship "R put me in charge of the Bridge knowing that whatever is going on will not affect me.... the crew has.... changed in a way where even I can't read them anymore it's like their whole DNA structure has been altered though I am uncertain how the main one I'm worried about is Worf for even I don't know what creature he's become.... I called my sister for assistance she's in the process of trying to figure out what she can do to change the crew but I'm not sure she's had much luck"  Dezirae informs Picard and Data through the com system "we'll look into it thank you Ensign"  Picard replies  she chuckles then teases "with all I've done for you one would think you would have promoted me by now!"  Picard chuckles.... when Picard and Data dock in the Enterprise Shuttle Bay then take a look around the ship they find out just how altered their crew members are first they find humanoid shed skin then a amphibian Deanna in her bath tub they head to the Bridge and Dezirae informs them that Riker is in Sick Bay for that is where she sent him for she was unsure of what else to do and they thank her then begin to leave they stop when she informs them with a smile "Desyre has informed me that Spot has had her kittens"  both men look at her with a curious confused expression on her face "well not only do I know that Data would like to see them I wonder if you remember your biology lessons"  she says Picard becomes even more confused it took him a few seconds to realize that once again she was giving him clues he nods then the two men head to Data's quarters where they find Desyre holding a lizard who was wearing Spot's pink collar and see her nod her head in the direction of the couch where they see a group of kittens and that's when Picard realizes what Dezirae was cluing them into Desyre sets the lizard Spot down and hands Data a Tricorder with the information she has gathered but has not had the time to utilize since she has not been there for very long and he thanks her then starts reading what she has and after he inquires as to why the kittens were not infected but Spot was Picard tells Data what he remembers about his biology which helps Data remember that one of the Nurses is pregnant and they find out where she is and not even a second after that they find out that one of the Warp Core Plasma Vents has failed and that Main Engineering has been abandoned so there was no one there to fix the problem especially since Dezirae's "duty" is the Bridge "sorry gentlemen that's all you unfortunately I did not gain my sisters knowledge of the ship"  Desyre tells them the two men nod then leave the room..... while Picard and Data try to figure out how to save the crew Desyre watches over the kittens she didn't want to simulate their mothers milk for it wouldn't have the same nutrients the kittens will need but she could at least make sure they survive until Spot was able to be returned to her normal state and once Spot as well as the humanoid members of the crew were returned to normal Desyre headed home and Dezirae returned to her and Data's quarters to rest....

 while Picard and Data try to figure out how to save the crew Desyre watches over the kittens she didn't want to simulate their mothers milk for it wouldn't have the same nutrients the kittens will need but she could at least make sure they surviv...