Chapter 37-Reward

Jungkook hugs Taehyung.

He just does. It all happens so quick confusing both the two students at this particular moment. Mostly Taehyung since it was the last action he could expect from Jungkook.

A few seconds go by and Taehyung notices the place getting cleared up of any student existing in the distance. Hmm..he was so caught up in fear he didn't hear the assembly bell ring. That's good now no one had to see them. But they need to go for the assembly too–aaah not 'they', only Taehyung in fact. But is it right to push away the other right now?

He stays still in the position wide-eyed, unable to think, letting the younger's hands all wrapped around his neck. While Jungkook has his own eyes closed tightly shut.

Okayyy Jungkook is not in right mind. Something is going on in that little coconut head of his. Something he himself is questioning. Some moments revolving around the exam these past few days. Some from today's morning. His feelings and emotions have overtaken his pride and ego.

There is a fierce war going on between his heart & brain ; bunny & wolf.

❍•~•~•~•❍

The challenge may have been accepted by Jungkook that day. But that didn't mean he appreciated it.

If anything, it was the complete opposite.

Jungkook hated it to the bone. The amount of stress he went through those three days preparing for a random bloody exam was incredibly severe. Poor baby didn't even get propper sleep, only small naps of like three hours when he was on the verge of collapsing.

He had taken a leave from school to study. All day doing nothing but trying to memorize 'em notes Taehyung had been generous enough to lend. He would occasionally take a walk of ten to fifteen minutes in the garden if started to feel too suffocated. But the tension of failing compelled him to carry the book all the time anywhere he went, even while taking a dump.

His brained was so fucked up with the loads of shit he had to learn. The pressure only worsening it. To the point his mind was unable to divert thoughts any towards other topic. He would see the topics he memorised occurring like a film even in his dreams.
Those three days felt no less than hell.

Studying really equals to students dying.

He wasn't so determined to pass just because he wanted to beat Taehyung. Yes, that sure is the fun part of it. But Jungkook was rather scared. What would he be thought of as if he failed?  A loser.

To Taehyung, the word was only to provoke the younger, but for Jungkook... it striked him deep in the guts. He felt insecure. His confidence about being overall excellent got drained within seconds the moment within he opened the notebook. That word played in his mind on repeat, as if showing him his position.

At least his extreme hard work paid off.
____

When it was the exam day... He experienced the typical anxiety we all go through before giving any exam, except ten times worse due to being new to the experience.

It toned down a little when he received the question paper. Phew! He knew a lot of and finished the exam so focused for the time in life.

He finally sighed in relief when it ended, knowing he did well.
____

Today was the day he would get his reward.

He remembers the mixed emotions he was feeling when he placed his first step into the school campus. Yeah sure, everyone may know about the challenge but judgemental people are present everywhere. He started to think the other way around.