Chapter 2

A 'clang' of metal hitting metal was heard as riptide clashed with the titan lord's scythe. The two exchanged blows for  about twenty minutes. But both were equal matches in the fight.

Kronos used his time powers to slow the son of Poseidon,  but the latter's skills with the sword helped him match his grandfather even though he was moving slowly.

Neither was able to land a hit  on each other as they both could foretell each others next move. Suddenly, an idea worthy of Athena popped up in the demigods mind .

He Sparta kicked Kronos and thus pushed him back and then sent a blast of ice cold water towards him. He smirked inwardly when he saw kronos shudder involuntarily as the jet hit his left arm pit.

Now he knew that he had an advantage over the titan as he knew Luke's Achilles heal . All he had to do was to stab him in his left armpit. But this was easier said than done as the titan was an excellent swordsman and his weak point was well covered by his armour.

They continued to fight far a little while trying to find openings in the other's stance. The first mistake was made by percy as he over extended a strike .kronos immediately took advantage and blasted him back with titan energy. Since he was still trapped in a human body , the blast was not very powerful, but it was enough to throw percy back a good 15 feet and crash into Zeus's throne.

Percy felt a shock on his back as he landed into his least favourite uncle's throne. He got up still a little dazed to see that Kronos was already behind him prepared to strike and judging by the position of his scythe,  the blow was aimed at the small of his back, his Achilles heal. This strike could kill him.

Panic surged through his body as he realized that riptide hadn't returned to him yet. So he decided to put his hand to defend himself.  Suddenly electricity struck Kronos and he was blown behind about 5 feet.

Percy wondered whether zeus had finally come to help, but seeing no one around , he was shocked as he realized that it was actually him who had blasted Kronos. He had heard his wise girl once say that the throne of the king of Olympus had a mind of it's own to protect and defend itself.

Thus he came to a conclusion that the throne had offered him a small control over lightning and air. Whether it was permanent or temporary control was the question.

He decided to think about it after the battle was over. As soon as the titan of time got to his feet, percy ran towards him with riptide,  which was now cackling with electricity.

He was going to kill this bastard of a titan and avenge his friends .