Sick Day

The sun shone through an open window, the dew on the grass reflected it in a way making the lawn look like a shimmering sea of light. There was shuffling, the bed of a college student who had been absent from classes for almost a week now. He moaned and rolled over in bed. He felt like complete garbage. He couldn't help but groan in pain as he sat up.
He reached for his phone and dialed a number.

"Hey, it's Jake, sorry professor, but i wont be in class today, I still feel really sick... yeah thats a good idea, I'll do that... alright... bye."

He hung up the phone and rolled back over in bed before slowly drifting off to sleep again. Sooner or later he woke up again. The dew on the lawn had dried up and the sun was now somewhat overhead.

Jake got up, dressed, and sluggishly lugged his body into his car. He drove to the doctors hospital and walked inside. He filled out the forms and told them his symptoms and soon enough he was face to face with a doctor in a white coat who was examining his vital signs.

"Oh dear..." the doctor exclaimed. Jake stood up frightened and asked,

"whats wrong?"

"It's... come with me." The doctor hurried him into a room with a bed and had him lay down. They got him a blanket and pillow and told him he'd be spending the night.  He felt panic setting in. He still didn't know what was happening to him. 

He figured it would be best just to relax and get some rest. So thats exactly what he did. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep, even if it was still early on in the day.

Eventually he woke up, he spent the entire day sleeping and seemed like he awoke near midnight and realized he had slept through the entire day. He sat there in the dark and stared at the ceiling. He didn't feel any better at all, just dizzy and queasy.

"Hello, can you hear me?" A voice cane from seemingly no where, Jake started to freak out, he looked around and saw no one, where was this voice coming from? Was it a ghost?  "From the way you're acting I take it you can hear. Listen, you need to get out of here, the doctors are going to keep you here and they're going to run tests on you, and treat you like a lab rat, leave while you can!" The voice then seemingly faded out just as quickly as it had gotten there.

It was then that the light flicked on and a nurse walked in with a shot, "this should help you feel better, it should cure you. Our scientists have been working hard on this." She shoved the needle i to his arm, then patched him up with a bandage leaving no trace of a needle mark.

Jake started to panic, he was very confused. "Cure?" For what?! What was wrong with him? Was the voice right? He didn't feel safe. And he only felt worse

As soon as the nurse left he got out of his bed. He was going to leave. He peeked out i to the main hallway and began to walk down it. He felt his body feel weak, he began to stumble and fall over as if he was drunk. But he continued until he reached the door. He left the building then headed straight to his car.

His vision was blurry but he needed to get someplace safe, so he began to drive. He couldnt help but swerve down the road towards his house. He felt as if he would fall asleep at the wheel. Something was off.

Eventually he made it home. He got out of his car and stumbled to the lawn where he collapsed. His heart pounded in his chest. His neck and throat tensed up as if he was going to vomit, his legs gave out, and soon he went completely unconscious...