He Gets Stung (Alby)

You were waiting outside the maze wall with all the other Gladers. Everyone was watching to see if Alby, Minho and Thomas would be there when the doors opened. You couldn't sleep, literally, you were up walking around since the doors closed, scared half to death that Alby wasn't going to be alive when they opened.

You weren't an original Glader, but you were one of the newest ones to be sent through the box near the beginning of all of this, just a few months after things got set up here. You were co-keeper of the med-jacks along with Clint.

"C'mon y'shanks..." You whispered as the ground began to shake and the walls started separating. You saw Minho Thomas and an unconscious Alby.

"Get them in here!" You shouted to the other med-jacks. You had Clint and Newt carry Alby into the homestead. "Put him on the bed." You ordered as you went to fetch the grief serum. You had them hold him down as he started going through the change. You hoped it wasn't too late to save him. Once you got the serum into Alby's system things seemed to calm down a bit. It was working on him, but since he was in the maze a lot longer then a usual Glader was after getting stung, it took longer to work on him, and quite a bigger dosage too.

You were currently watching him. It was day two of his recovery and you hadn't moved an inch from his side since he'd been in the bed. "C'mon Alby, wake up." You whispered. You were worried sick for him. He was always there to watch your back, but the one time you had the chance to do the same for him, you didn't feel like you were doing as good of a job. You heard him whisper something as he slept, almost passing unheard.

"Y/n..." He slurred.

"Alby?" You asked, placing a hand on his face. His eyes started to slowly flutter open.

"Y/n...Am I...dead?" He asked. You chuckled quietly, rubbing a tear from your cheek.

"No you're not dead. You're very much alive." You smiled. You were with him as he was going through the changing. It was almost unbearable and you thought he wouldn't make it a few times but he did, and he was alive.

"I guess I have you to thank for that." He snickered. You leaned down and connected your lips with his.

"Next time you think about going into that shuck maze, I'm going to kill you." You threatened. Alby just held you close, smiling as you threatened him. It wasn't the first time. You guys had a habit of this. You'd threaten him to not do something stupid and he'd reply with-

"I love you too." He kissed you. I guess you could say it was your way of saying you cared about him. You felt safe in his embrace, like what had happened the past couple of days was over and that things in the Glade were finally going to get back to normal.