Newt Imagine - Overprotective

I took a deep breath as I felt the heat of the sun on my skin. It was the first light in a very, very long night.

"Why are you always this stupid?" I whispered to myself at the thought of what happend yesterday came to me. I wasn't the biggest fan of the rules, but I always tried to not get banished, because I knew what would happen to me. Newt always covered for me, he'd always protect me. He was actually the reason I didn't got banished earlier.

I don't blame them though: they never met a girl, never had to deal with one, and now they have two to care about. I'm sure it's not easy.

I wasn't sure if they wanted me back. I was banished for a reason, they wanted me dead.

"When those doors open and they see me, they'll just probably ignore me and pretend it never happend. That I'm dead. Because I am, to them." I thought, a tear falling. They were family to me, and I felt like I disappointed them.

I thought about coming back to the maze. Trying to find a way out of all of this. But I knew it would never work: Minho and the rest of the runners have been trying to for atleast three years and so far, they haven't found it. Probably, they don't have any hope left. And they're way better than me.

I jumped at the sound of the big metal doors opening. This was it. The Glade was my best chance, to try and survive there. Even if I had to hide. I couldn't come back to the Maze and see any of these Grievers again, because they sure did scared the crap out of me.

I tried to stand up but failed. I ran so much that all of my legs hurt and I'm sure I have wounds and blood all over my face and body.

I couldn't give up. I was way stronger than that, atleast that was what I believed at the time. Every single time I tried to stand up and walk to see their surprised faces, I failed, falling on my knees.

The doors were now completly open; but they couldn't see me. I was sitting against a wall.

"This is it" I thought. I couldn't just stand there and look weak. They would eventually see me, probably Minho or one of the runners. "I need to get up and face them. I survived. I was the first one to ever survive a night in the Maze" I gathered every single strenght in me and stood up, trying to gain some ballance.

My legs and feet hurt while I tried to walk, but I could easily handle the pain. As I walked, two, three, four steps...

I could see all of them.

Gally, Thomas, Minho, Newt, Winston, Fyrpan, Clint, Chuck. Everyone.

Staring at me like I was some kind of freak.

"Shuck. How are you alive?" Gally almost yelled, and that was the last thing I remember.

Hours later.

I woke up with a strange feeling in my head. It hurted. I moved a little, trying to get comfortable.

"Hey, you okay love?" I heard a soft small voice almost whisper. It was Newt, I was sure of it.

I tried to open my eyes and slowly I was opening them. The light in the room was killing my eyes; so I took it easy. One step at a time.

"You're awake. I was so worried, never do that again" He repeats, playing with part of my hair that was on the bed.

I tried to smile a bit, just for Newt.

"I've got news for you. It's about everything you've done. When your ready and feel well to do all of this, tell us because we all need to talk to you." Alby comes in the room, making eye contact with me.

I nodded and then he left with a worried look on his face.

"You know, I should be mad at you for all of this bloody shuck. But I just can't, love. And it's killing me inside, you shouldn't be able to get to me like you do. I spent a full night thinking of you, if you were still alive. I was about to clim those shuck walls and go out there look for you, but they all stopped me. I'm sorry. I know it must have been clunk." Newt told me with tears trying to leave his eyes, while he still played with my hair.