Just Looking Out For You(Alby)

Brightly, the sun shone over the Glade. You and Alby sat on the steps of Homestead eating Frypan's attempt of Chinese food. You two had been sitting in silent watching the boys on the Maze.

"I don't think you should be a Runner anymore" Alby said out of the blue.

"What?!" you gasped slightly offended.

"You're strong Y/N, maybe you should be a Builder" he paused to pat you on the back, you shook him off "Ben'll look after you" You stood up fast.

"Look Alby, I know I'm the only girl but I can look after myself!" you said angrily. Alby stood up as well.

"It's not that I don't think you're strong" Alby chuckled "you could probably beat up half these shanks!" He gestured at the boys on the Glade. You laughed a bit looking at the ground. You kicked a rock, it accidently hit his foot, and after a shrug he kicked it back. "I just want you to be safe, your one of my closest friends"

"You don't have to worry, the Maze is safe-" you said, stopping when you realised how stupid you sounded.

"That's the biggest load of kluck I've ever heard" Alby sniggered.

"Fine I'll work in the kitchen, but only 'til the next Greenie comes" you said stubbornly.

"Good that" Alby smiled.

"Good that" you replied as you leaded it to give Alby a warm embrace.