Newt Imagine - Feel The Same

I walked throught the woods in the Glade. "Yes, (Y/N), isn't it a great idea to go to the woods at night, when your living in a Maze with just boys, being a girl, just because you heard a noise and wanted to check it out? Yeah, totally!" I kept repeating to myself, noticing the sarcasm in the little voice on my head.

Everything in here is going crazy lately, atleast since Thomas arrived. And apparently so am I. Ben was banished and Alby is spending a night in the Maze with our best runner, Minho and Thomas. That one is a brave greenie.

And I'm worried out of my mind.

Because no one has ever survived a night in the Maze. Ever.

This place is depressing enough; having to live with boys who are all the time looking at me like I'm some kind of diamond. Having to ask Alby for my personal girl stuff. And now I'm going to probably lose my bestfriend, Minho, and our leader.

What kills me inside is that I was supposed to go with Minho and Alby to the Maze that morning. We were supposed to explore it and look for what bite Ben. But I feel asleep and Newt told me Minho didn't wanted to wake me up. That's bullshit. They're always trying to protect me; as if I couldn't protect myself.

I gave up on trying to find the camera thing; we've been trying that for ages and besides what would we do with it? The guys watching behind that could blow all of us off in 30 seconds, probably.

I kicked some brunches as I walked. Minho, Alby and Thomas couldn't get out of my freaking mind. If we loose him, who's going to be the leader? Gally? Heck no. Who's going to help me?

My mind feels empty without them. But then;

I felt someone moving.

I stopped walking and started focusing on my hearing. Who in the heck would be in the woods in the middle of the night besides crazy little me?

"Who's there?" I heard a calm voice and recognized it as Newt. I smiled at the thought of him. But what was he doing here?

I walked where the sound of his voice came from until I found the blonde haired boy sitting against a three, with his head between his knees.

"Hi" I smiled. "It's me. Are you okay?"

He turned his head to me and smiled, then got back to his first position. I already knew what this was all about. Newt always feels guilty about everything.

I sat down next to him, making myself confortable against the three. We were really close: we've always been like that. Besides Minho, he's also one of my bestfriends. While everyone was being mean and basically stupid, he was one of the few who was there for me and helped me get throught all of it.

And I needed to be there for him too. Because I knew what he was feeling.

I watched his face and he was now staring at the sky. I admired his jaw, his bright blue eyes, how his blonde hair was messy and how he was sitting; he always sat like that. The way his shirt had holes in it but he actually couldn't care less.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked, still looking at the stars.

I froze for a second. "I'm not staring, are you really that self centred?" I joked and I could see a small smile.

"But hey" I sat closer to him. "I know how you're feeling, and I want you to know that I'm here for you. This also seems kinda weird, but you were always here for me when I needed help or anything, and I also want to return the favor, but I'm not here just for that. I know how it feels. Minho is also my friend. Alby is the one who keeps this place from falling apart. We can't loose him; we can still have hope."