Chapter 36 Crossing Sides

We all slam the doors shut and push the car over to the side of the road. Me a caroline go to the trunk and grab Stefan's backpack, my purse, her purse, and our backpacks in which we packed the most necessary stuff for the both of us.

I hand the backpack over to Klaus to carry, because he didn't pack anything.

About 5 minutes later everyone is all set to pass the boarder.

"May I do the honors?" I ask smirking and turning around at everyone.

My foot hits the other side of the boarder. I feel nothing. Absolutely nothing. I carry my other foot across, still nothing. Everyone cheers as I turn around and hug Stefan. We can go get Damon.

We walk for about 5 or 6 miles (2 hours) switching off who carries the bags and exchanging short and awkward conversations and finally reach Mystic Falls clock tower. Stefan picks up his phone and calls Matt, who tells him to meet up at the grill.

"Wow a lot has changed." Caroline rambles trying not to make things turn awkward and sad.

"You know what, we shouldn't be walking in silence. We are supposed to be happy that Damon is back, not silent and awkward."

"He COULD be back," I add, making the could pop. "And trust me I'm happy."

"Okay, but it doesn't seem like it."

Stefan push opened the bar door to see the worst site anyone could see.

A bar full of dead people.

Blood soaked.

And the peoples blood is on your boyfriends mouth.

Including your best friends blood.