Chapter 24 Celebration of Death

Stefan unhooks his hand from mine as he slowly walks out the door. He turns around and opens his mouth, putting his hand on in the doorway entrance, leaning on it.

"What should I wear?" He asks with a smirk.
"How should I know?" I reply. "Just wear something casual."
"Hmm." I says, digesting what I just said in his system.

He slowly walks away into his room, nodding. I roll my eyes and turn around, unpacking my stuff from my suitcase.

As I go threw my clothing and sort it out, I pull out a black short dress with lines going every which way on the chest area. My hands wonder around it, feeling the cotton fabric. I find a smile on my face as my hands lock on the top straps.

Speed walking into my bathroom, I hold the straps carefully on the top so it wouldn't drop on the ground, especially because it was my brand new one. Damon bought it for me on my birthday but he never got to see it.

My head sorts threw all the information. If I was sired to Damon, I wouldn't feel like I am still in love with him. I don't know if I really am or not.

I quickly slide all my thoughts to the side and change in the bathroom. I then touch up my curly hair and makeup.

I walk out of the bathroom, feeling gorgeous. Suddenly I am lost in my thoughts and find myself in Stefan's room. As the moment Stefan starts talking I snap out of my thoughts.

My thoughts that controlled me.
Consumed me with power and anger.
Annoyed me with anxiety and loneliness
Depressed me with horribly good memories that I would never be able to get back.
Damon.

What if Damon was sending me these messages?
What If he was still out there?
What if I truly am still in love with him.
What if....

"Um... Elena? Are you okay?" Stefan questioned.
I look up at him, his eyes concerned and careful.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I say, nodding and looking down.

I couldn't bare to look into his eyes. The eyes of the person I have once loved and might love again. The persons eyes I made cry at sometimes, made joy in them sometimes, and made pain in them sometimes.

His eyes were the eyes of my lovers brother.
My dead lovers brother.
And now, I find myself falling for them, every glare I take. Every glance.

He walks over to me, places his two hands gently and lightly placing them on my shoulder. He glares deep into my eyes.

"Somethings not okay Elena, talk to me." He argued.

Stefan's hands wonder from my shoulder to my back, as he slowly guides me to sit on his blue sheet-covered bed.

I plop down on his bed and stare up at the ceiling. He joins me by resting his head near mine and his feet dangling off the edge of the bed.

We lay there for 5 minutes, not having a care in the world about what was happening in real life. We just escaped. Escaped from reality and went to a place in our heads. A place with no one dead, and no vampire drama. Everyone was fine. Peaceful and Joyful.

Eventually, we had to snap back to reality when Caroline knocked on Stefan's door.

"Almost ready?" She asks, whining a little.
"Almost." Stefan replies with a little grin on his face.
He walks over to his drawer with his stuff already packed and pulls out a plad blue and gray shirt and dark blue pants.

He removes his pants as I try and look away. He slips them on and takes off his shirt. I turn around, seeing his gorgeous abs and quickly put my hand over my eyes.

I hear a chuckle from him as my vampire hearing turns up to hear his shirt being buttoned slowly. Once I hear the buttons stop, I remove my hands from my eyes, finding Stefan looking down at me.

"What?" I say, giggling.

He smirks and looks down at his clothes in his hands. "Your so gorgeous in your dress."

I smile a cheesy smile as he throws his shirt and pants at me, landing them directly on my head. I breath in the sweet smell of left over cologne and Stefan and get lost in memories.

Finally we are interrupted again, by Caroline.
She greats us with a smile and turns around and twirls slowly.

"So what do you think?" She asks, pointing down at her tan slim dress.

"I think, your focusing too much about this party. It's just a celebration of Katherine's death." I reply to Caroline, which is useless.

"Exactly! Katherine's dead! If anything, I am totally going to NEED to look good for this party." She explains.

I laugh and roll my eyes. Stefan then holds out his elbows and waits for me to hook on one side and for Caroline to hook on the other.

"Would you ladies, Miss. Forbes and Miss. Gilbert like to accompany me in the celebration of death, and as you notice I did not say life, Of Katherine Pierce?" Stefan asks as he readjusts his elbows.

"Of course we would." I answered as I would over to him, locking my elbow onto his. He smiles and walks over to the door waiting for Caroline to hook on.

"Fine." She says smiling and rolling her eyes.