Chapter 21 I'm Not Sorry

I open my eyes, looking around to see where I am. Something moves behind me, so I turn that way.
"Your up."
"Yeah." I say taking a deep breath in.
I slide my legs off the bed and get a good grip on the floor before I get off.
"You slept for about a half and hour. Its about 4:00." Stefan said.
I nod and make my way out the door.

"Elena?" Stefan blurts.
I turn around and look at him with open ears.

"Listen, I hate it when this happens. You or I screw up and it gets awkward because of the way we help each other. Then at the end we have to act like it never happened."

I stand there in complete silence.

"You know that when I'm with Katherine it makes you uncomfterable because Damon isn't here. I know you, Elena."

"Stefan why do you care?"

"I have never stopped having feelings for you. I care about you. I will never stop caring about you. Because you know why? I am your friend. Your ex boyfriend. I have had feelings for you sense the day your car went off hickory bridge and I was the one who saved you. I can't be expected to hide those and forget about these things."

I stood there with my jaw dropped and a blank stare.

"Now tell me Elena, Are you going to act like this never happened or are you going to take this and remember it? Remember it when I get Damon back and you two live happily ever after and I run far away Mystic Falls?"

"Well you know what Stefan? I am not sorry. I am not sorry that I ever met you. I am not sorry that knowing you has made me question everything. And that in death, your the one that makes me feel most alive. You've been a terrible person Stefan. And you have made all the wrong choices. And all of the choices I have made, this will prove to be the worst one but I am not sorry.... That I am in love with you. I love you... Stefan." I exchange stares with him until I run over to him.

He puts his hands on my cheeks and clings onto my lips. I move my lips to the rhythm of his and kiss back. We repeat passionately as I move my hand slowly up word up his abs. I play with his hair and then bring my hands to his neck deepening the passionate kiss.
He moves his fingers threw my hair stroking it then finally pulls away to take a breath.

"I can't. Damon." He says pulling himself back onto earth.
I look down and cling my fore head against his.

I felt like such a bad person. Cheating on his own brother? I kept cursing at myself for loving it so much. A love Damon never was capable to give me.

What ever happened to being just friends?

We both take deep breaths to catch air as our foreheads lean against each others. My hands stays rested on Stefan's heart and ab.

I look up into his eyes and notice a few tears shed. My hands move up to his cheeks as I wipe a few from under his eyes. He looks down as more shed, like a leaking dam readying to explode.

"Stefan?"