Chapter 1Greif

I sat there at the grave with flowers in my hand.

"Damon Salvatore" I read over it over and over as tears filled my eyes. I close them, leaving this universe and entering my mind, letting the memories flow on in.

I turn around looking into the mirror, Damon putting my necklace i had lost on me. I smile and turn around. My heart was pounding out of my chest. In that moment, i knew i had loved Damon, but I hated myself for it.

I open my eyes again wiping my tears. I sniff in the smell of thick 'graveyard' air.

"Elena?"

I turn around smiling because I know who it is.

"Caroline!" I shout turning around. I run to her as she extends her arms. I feel the warm embrace of my best friends jacket.

"Elena where the hell have you been?! I have been calling you all day long! Are you okay?"

I sniffle my nose and chuckle a little bit.

"Do you think Damon and Bonnie are together?"

She pulls away from the hug and grasps my shoulders and looks at me in the eye smiling and a tear falls from her eyes.

"Of cause. Im sure Bonnie's hating every moment of it though."

I chuckle as Caroline hugs me again, yet this time it is a shorter hug.

"I guess I should come back later." A dark voice interrupts.

I laugh and show a big grin. I run and stefan picks me up and twirls me around and hugs me. I feel a big joy in my heart and everything just disappears.

"Caroline told me you wouldnt answer her calls." He tells. "Is everything okay?" He says as he sets me down.

"Yeah, just you know, 2 more people i loved a lot just died..."

Stefan puts his hands in the pockets of his jackets and gives an awkward look. "Right yeah... Sorry." He says awkwardly as he walks over to Caroline.

"Hey um... Im having a get together at my cabin tonight... Kindof like a best friend get away vacation tonight... You guys can stay for a week if you want. Maybe it will get your mind off Damon and Bonnie."

I put my hands in my pockets and nod.

"Yeah sure, I would love that!" I say as I glance over at Stefan.

"Sure, might be good for me to get my mind of Damon being gone and Bonnie." Stefan says with a smile.

"Okay great! The "Party" starts at 5!" And with that, Caroline is gone.

Im glad I got to see her, and hopefully this party will be good for me. I haven't seen Stefan or Caroline or anyone sense Damon died a few weeks ago and I have been trying to ignore them.