Chapter 23 The Truth

A/N: Hai guys please make sure to stay tuned with my instagram @alxssarose it has visual scenes and clips from these chapters!

Elena's POV)

I hear the crisp words of Stefan's mouth come out in the most beautiful soothing way.
"Elena... I Love You."

We sit there, locked in eachothers arms. I feel like it was infinite. We were whole. We could forget about our past... And focus more on the future.

I look up at him, glaring into his beautiful hazel eyes. He looks down at me, our eyes meeting and I have a feeling in my stomach... Almost like sparks flying.

He strokes his fingers up and down my back as he rests his head on my shoulder. I feel a warm burst of joy on my neck, realizing it's Stefan's lips rubbing against my olive skin. I giggle a little as my heart skips a beat. I remove his arms from around me and bring them up to my shoulders, making my back face him.

After a few minutes of burning kisses being placed on my head, Stefan finally stands up and places his hands In front of me, offering to help me up. I land my hands on top of his and straighten my legs out as I stand on the wood floor.

A smile appears on his lips as he gets my attention by looking into my eyes. I gaze back, feeling my heart race and feel the slow beat of it in my ears.

"Thank you." I said under my breath, having a feeling of great relief.
He looks back at me, his smile on his lips widens by a millimeter.

One of his smiles that could light up a room. A smile that could make a heart skip a beat. A smile that you wanted to look at everyday of your life. The signature guy smile except with more compassion, more love, more caring. The smile that only Stefan can give to me.

As I cherish the moment, a voice interrupts our stares as footsteps stomp upstairs and makes there way to my room.

"Um I got news guys. Katherine has...." She pauses for a moment, for now she is standing at the door way giving us mixed looks. "I guess this can wait...."

We break our gazes as our attention turns directly to Caroline. Our hands drop.

"No it's okay. What's up?" I ask, ending an awkward silence in the room.

"Katherine has been killed," She says smiling and cheering. "The human side effects kicked in. She may be a vampire but when she had a heart attack, Klaus was the first one to her about it and he rushed over there and lost his temper. He staked her."

A huge smile comes across my face as Stefan gives a lip smile but looks down at his shoes.
"Whats wrong?" I ask, delicately laying my hand on his arm.

"Nothing... I mean, I can't believe shes gone," Stefan looked up with a shocked face. "and all this time I was hoping that some day I could do the honors." He says with a fake playful frown. I laugh lightly.

"I think this calls for a celebration." Caroline announces smiling, her face lighting up with joy.
Me and Stefan chuckle and giggle.

She makes an exit out of my room, going into other rooms making the announcement of the celebration.

I feel guilty. Guilt. How can I dare feel guilt for Katherine Pierce? Katherine is a horrible person. An evil, manipulative, lying, steeling, no good, bitch. She has had everything to do with everyone's death. She is the main reason why I am who I am. My life is ruined because of her. I may not even have a chance of being happy ever again in my life. But I felt horrible.

Cheering over someones death? No matter who they are, or what type of person someone is, no one should ever cheer over someones death. But on the other hand, we are talking about Katherine Pierce, the source, the cause of all problems. Everyone she has met she has causing pain and misery to them.

I decide to just throw all of those thoughts aside and let myself loose for a while. I mean, sometimes you just need one drama free night, right?