Chapter 20 Moving

Me and Stefan race each other dance stairs laughing, we don't have to be left with the basement anymore. We run to our drawers packing our stuff quickly.
"'Race ya upstairs!" He challenges.

I laugh and quickly go into my bathroom, jamming my stuff into my makeup bag. I rush out, grabbing my suitcase and purse of my bed. Not until I get half way up the stairs I hear Stefan's voice laughing. I look up. He is at the top.
He stands there with his suitcase and bag and smirks.

His teeth shine like white purls and his smile could light up the room. His sometime blue sometime brown eyes are glaring at me with perfection. I get butterflies and feel like then pull myself together.

I laugh back and whoosh upstairs into my room. I lay my suitcase on the bed and flip my hair back. Stefan whooshes up outside of my door.

"I won." I say smirking as I turn around.
"Yeah, but I let you." He says returning the smirk.

His smile made me feel like I was diving off the empire state building. It made my heart melt and my face got red.

"Listen, this morning, when you kissed me, and when we talked about it after, I didn't realize what I actually... Wanted. I want you to be happy. I want you to be happy, and I... I over heard you're talk with Caroline. I thought that the sire bond broke." He assured.

"Well you know nature... It always has its loop holes." I say interrupting.
"I thought it was gone for good." He said.
"I did too, but it's not. When we get Damon back... And we will, It will be gone."
"but you said nature has it's loop holes..." He reassured.

"Stefan, I'm not talking about the sire bond." I say shaking. "I love Damon. I was in love with him."I say getting goosebumps.
"No Elena you are-"

"I was. I love him so much still... I'm just not in love with him." I confessed.
"Elena, what do you mean?" He said walking closer.

Tears start running down my face as I collapse on the floor.
"I'm such a bad person." I cry. "I'm turning into Katherine." I yell.

He puts his soft hand on my shoulder and wipes my face.

"Your good Elena. Your such a good person. You will never be even close to Katherine, and you know why? Because she is evil. You are beautiful and amazing and good." He says looking down deep into my eyes.

I crash my head into his chest and ball.
He supports my head with his hand.
I lay there in his support for what seems to be a life time but he eventually lets go. My eyes remain closed as he lifts me up bridal style and lays me gently on my bed. He then kisses my forehead, puts the covers over me, and starts to walk out. I grab his arm as he walks out.

"Stay with me." I whisper.

He turns around, yet stops and thinks for a slight moment. He then walks over to the other side of the bed and gets under the covers, putting his arm over me