Chapter 35 One True Love.

"Caroline where have you been?" I shout as she approaches me.

"I told you, Klaus and I scoped out the border and slept in a tent;" She explains. "We found that the spell was lifted. We can cross! And we found out that we are as dumb as we look because Damon would die if he crossed the boarder so he must have known it was crossable." She cheers and smiles.

I run and hug her as Klaus comes up behind her.

"Can we hurry and cross before Damon turns into a sociopath and tries to kill the whole population of Mystic Falls in search of his one true love?" Klaus asks, mocking us.

In that moment, Stefan walks out of the car, throwing on a sweatshirt over his bear skin.

Klaus gives him an evil/I'm proud of you look to Stefan as Caroline stands there giggling like a child.

"We heard you guys last night." Caroline admitted bursting into tears laughing so hard.

My face turns red as I turn around and give Stefan a 'O my god we are so stupid' look.

"It was just one night. Please don't tell Damon." Stefan begs.

"Oh, yeah, sure, what about that night at Katherine's party?"

"It didn't mean anything" I blurt in anger, lying to myself because it did mean something. It meant the whole world.

"Okay, whatever. Are you guys like a couple now or something though? Because really to be honest I never really liked Damon."

"Says the girl who slept with him more than once." I reply back laughing.

"Thats before I knew."

"Okay sure, whatever helps you sleep at night." I say, laughing. I turn around and try to fix the car seats up.

We all crowd back over to the car to get it ready. Klaus and Caroline put there bags in the trunk as Stefan try's to turn the car on.

"Dammit!" Stefan yells, slapping the seats.

"What?" I ask.

"The car won't start."

Klaus then walks around from the back of the car to the front, lifting up the engine cover. Smoke comes flying out of it as he coughs.

"Im not a car person, but I think something is wrong." He says.

"Guess we have to walk." I reply.